It's My Blogaversary!

Today is the first anniversary of this blog. I started it on July 7th, 2005, at the encouragement of my real-life friend, Marie who had started a cool blog earlier in the year.

I truly didn't know the direction in which I wanted to take this blog and in many ways I still don't. I know I missed writing creatively, as the corporate machine has sucked dry my writing ambition for the last eight years. I had varied interests (travel, books, knitting, current events, politics, and infertility...if you can call that an "interest") but I didn't want a blog focused exclusively on just one of these.

So instead, IW is a hodgepodge collection of all of these, with some random cat pictures thrown in for good measure. And for reasons that are still a mystery to me, many of you come back day after day to read my random musings. And that's a very neat thing indeed.

In the past year, I've gone camping for the first time. I made my very first loaf of bread from scratch, and I have made more baking strides in the kitchen than I ever thought possible. I still can't cook myself dinner (I repeat: the microwave is our closest friend), but I can make a damn good American Dream Torte! I even have a Recipe Index!

I have bitched numerous times about my mother's husband, referred to on this blog as #4. In the summer of 2005, I took a three month break from infertility treatments, after having going through over a year of drugs, invasive "wandings," shots, tests, and procedures. In the fall of 2005, I started my 6-week IVF cycle. And on December 18th, 2005, I found out that after 2 years of trying for a baby, we were expecting the Beastie. Isn't Beastie cute?

In March of 2006, I turned 30. Rich threw me a surprise birthday party. And in April 2006, I had my first "in-person" blog friend meet-up. Ramona has been reading this blog almost from the very beginning, and I was so thrilled to meet up with her and her husband in Toronto. She is one cool chic.

And in June 2006, I learned that Ho's Do It Better in a Van.

In the words of the immortal Frank Sinatra, "it was a very good year."

So, to honor Interrupted Wanderlust's 1st birthday, I will offer you, my faithful friends and readers, the opportunity to ask me any question that you wish. It can be mundane. It can be deeply personal. And although I reserve the right to not answer certain questions (although I've pretty much made my life an open book on this here internet), I will make every effort to answer each of your questions in future posts.

Perhaps you've endured many a sleepless night wondering about my favorite snow cone flavor. (Answer: It's cherry). Or perhaps you've been manically pulling each hair out of the left side of your scalp one by one because you don't know the name of the celebrity for whom I would leave my husband in one nanosecond (Answer: It's Jake Gyllenhaal). Now is your chance.

Ask me, because it's the bomb that will bring us together, ya'll. And thanks for reading Interrupted Wanderlust. It gives me the warm fuzzies to know that people like reading what I have to say. Seriously.

12 Responses to “It's My Blogaversary!”

  1. # Blogger Marie

    Hooray hooray! Happy blogaversary, Kristi!

    I always enjoy reading your site. Even though I know you IRL, it's a fun way to keep in touch... and it's been great to follow your adventures this way. Here's to your next year! Raising my glass... CHEERS!!  

  2. # Blogger Hopeful Mother

    Happy blog-i-versary!

    My question, which may have been previously answered on this blog (and I missed it):

    Do you and Rich have names picked out for Beastie?  

  3. # Blogger Ramona

    Happy Blogaversary! I'm so glad that I've been reading you right from the get-go, I've enjoyed it so much!
    I was also going to ask you if you'd picked any favourite names yet!
    Are you planning to video the birth?!  

  4. # Blogger Geekwif

    Happy blogaversary! I would like to know if you're baking yourself a cake in celebration of your 1st year, and if you did, what kind would it be?  

  5. # Blogger kenju

    Happy Blogaversary! I can't think of a question right now - can I have a pass to use later?  

  6. # Blogger Shannon

    My question: if you were forced to be in a tribute band called The Aerosmiths, would you rather be dressed up as Aerosmith playing Smiths songs, or dressed up as The Smiths playing Aerosmith songs?  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy, Happy we all are to read your wonderful blog!!! So Happy Blogaversary! You've done so many things this year, capped by the wonderful beastie who is awaited by us all. Who cares about Brangelina's baby (I lie, I did care)--I am on pins and needles about Beastie!

    OK--Shannon took the really cool music question. So, I'm wondering who will Beastie listen to: Wiggles or Raffi?  

  8. # Blogger Dawn

    Congratulations on your anniversary!! How cool! I am also very glad to read about how pregnant you are!

    Ok... here's my question:

    If you had the opportunity to take lessons to learn to do something (anything), what would it be?

    BTW, I am coming back to the blogging world (I missed you guys!) and will be over at coloradofoodie.blogspot.com. I'll be catching up on everyone's pages soon! Just have to find my hubby a job!  

  9. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy Blogiversary! To many more years of blogging...  

  10. # Blogger beagle

    Happy Blogaversary!

    Also curious about baby names!  

  11. # Blogger Leslie

    Here's to another year of gettin' bloggy with it!  

  12. # Anonymous Anonymous
Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly