Peanut Butter Cookies

When a certain blogging friend was kind enough to use her company discount to order the diaper bag I coveted, I sent her these cookies as a thank you. Of course, because I am absolutely dedicated to cookie quality control, I had to taste them before I sent them across the country. I couldn't present her with an inferior product as a gift, now could I?

These are from my trusty Magnolia Bakery Cookbook, and at least from my perspective, they did not disappoint. I liked the addition of chunky-style peanut butter (most other peanut butter cookie recipes I've tried call for the smooth variety), and the cookies came out moist and very "peanut buttery."

Magnolia Bakery Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup chunky peanut butter at room temperature
3/4 cup, plus 1 TBSP (for sprinkling) sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 TBSP milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup peanut butter chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until smooth. Add the egg and mix well.

Add the milk and the vanilla. Add the flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Stir in the peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets, leaving several inches between for expansion.

Using a fork, lightly indent with a crisscross pattern, but do not overly flatten cookies. Lightly sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 10-12 minutes, and do not overbake. Cookies may appear to be underdone, but they're not.

Cool the cookies on the sheets for one minute, then remove to a rack and cool completely.

Makes 2-3 dozen cookies.


7 Responses to “Peanut Butter Cookies”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Wow Kristi!!
    They look sooooo good
    Pity I am currently trying t diet so I dont look like a marshmallow at my wedding lolol  

  2. # Blogger Marie

    Mmmm! I could go for one of these NOW! With a glass of milk. Thanks for sharing the recipe!  

  3. # Blogger Leslie

    Clare Eats - they ARE so good! I ate the whole batch on my own, down to the crumbs (which I shoveled into my mouth with a spoon). MMMMMM!!  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    You had me at Magnolia.  

  5. # Blogger Kristi

    Clare-I bet you look nothing like a marhsmellow. Besides, don't you know that there is no one more beautiful than the bride on her wedding day?

    Marie-Me too. If I didn't control myself, I'd probably make these once a week.

    L- LOL. Glad you enjoyed them!

    Schnozz-LOL. Have you ever been? That bakery rocks!  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh that's cruel. I LOVE peanut butter cookies and those look fabulous!  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Levitra bloodpressure  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly