Meeting my Blogfriend

Generally speaking, I am a very bad judge of character. The people I view upon first impression to be warm, sweet, and caring, turn out later to be, well, not. But meeting Ramona from Kross-Eyed Kitty Tuesday night at the Bluejays vs. Yankee game in Toronto changed my luck, because she is just as sweet, genuine, and beautiful as she is on her blog. We really had a great time together, and I was so happy to meet her in person after all these months getting to know her through her blog.

When we connected at the game, we gave eachother a big hug and posed for some pictures taken by my husband. (Ramona made me realize that I've never mentioned my husband's name on this blog before, so I'll reveal it now! His name is Rich.)


Ramona then gave me a gift! These adorable Robeez baby shoes for the Beastie. I told you she was sweet!

After the game, we headed back to our hotel, where we introduced Greg, Ramona's husband, to Rich, my husband, and we chatted away the hours in the hotel bar. Rich and Greg hit it off immediately (sports is the common denominator for most boys, ya'll), and the four of us had such a blast. We made plans to meet up again in Niagara Falls (about the halfway point between both of our homes), at some point.

It was such a cool, wonderful experience meeting Ramona. So if you ever have the opportunity to meet a blogfriend in real life, do it!

The rest of our trip was fun as well. This was the view from our hotel room, where upon check-in we learned we had been upgraded to their "private Club Level floor." That meant complimentary afternoon tea, hors de ourves at night, and free drinks.

The baseball game was alright, slightly spoiled by a rowdy group of fans siting behind us who spent the entire evening screaming at the players, who couldn't hear them anyway. I'm not really a baseball fan, but I do like to people-watch.

On the way home, we stopped at IKEA (yay!). We spent a few hours there, and I bought a bunch of stuff, including some cute lanterns we'll hang around our pool area and some frames.

And in case you're wondering how Rich entices me to attend Yankees games (this is my third), here's why.

(For the uninitiated, this is Derek Jeter. Who is very, very adorable. With a nice butt. )

8 Responses to “Meeting my Blogfriend”

  1. # Blogger Diane Viere

    What fun! I've often wondered what it would be like to meet my blogging friends! Don't know how to suggest--"Oh, by the way--I'll be in your hometown....wanna meet!?"

    Glad it was a great time!

    Diane  

  2. # Blogger eat stuff

    how much fun is it!!
    just a pity most of mine are soo far away....  

  3. # Blogger Christine

    How fun! My boyfriend is also a Yankees fan. But we get free Philly's tickets -- go figure. But(!) the free tickets are in the suite, so that means free food and drinks. And that is how my boyfriend gets me to go.

    Also, how freakin' cute are the baby shoes.  

  4. # Blogger Shannon

    Meeting blogfriends is fun, isn't it? I haven't steered wrong yet!  

  5. # Blogger Marie

    Very fun!! And the shoes are adorable. I don't follow baseball at all, but maybe I'll have to tune in for the cute guy...  

  6. # Blogger Marie

    Very fun!! And the shoes are adorable. I don't follow baseball at all, but maybe I'll have to tune in for the cute guy...  

  7. # Blogger Ramona

    Johnny Damon's butt was pretty special too!
    I had so much fun meeting you and Rich, and really look forward to getting together with you again. You guys are gooooooood people!  

  8. # Blogger Kristi

    PFYP: That's essentially what Ramona and I did! It was a great time.

    Clare-awww... if they're here in the States, you need to plan a visit.

    Christine-ohh... free food and drinks in a suite sounds good to me.

    Alisha-I'm so jealous you have an IKEA near you. The nearest one to me (the one we visited) is about 2.5 hours away.

    Shannon-So you've met blogfriends too? Very cool.

    Marie-watch a Yankees game (for about 5 minutes). Derek Jeter plays shortstop. You'll see what I mean. ;)

    Cal-Amen!

    Ramona-Awww.. Right back at ya!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly