My 7s

My pal Alisha over at Playin' Whaley tagged me (actually, she tagged anyone who wanted to play along) for this fun meme.

7 Things To Do Before I Die

1. Write a novel.

2. Travel extensively around the world.

3. Become self-employed.

4. Fashion myself into an accomplished baker.

5. Pluck up my courage and keep my emotions in check enough to volunteer at an animal shelter.

6. Run a marathon.

7. Have a baby. Preferably the one I'm pregnant with now. (Positive thoughts! Positive thoughts!)


7 Things I Cannot Do

1. Watch an animal suffer.

2. Eat chocolate.

3. Not offer an opinion when asked (and sometimes completely unsolicited).

4. Vote Republican.

5. Wear pink.

6. Avoid editing menus, billboards, signs, etc. in my head when I see grammar or spelling errors.

7. Dance.


7 Things That Attract Me To Blogging

1. Having an outlet and permanent record for my daily thoughts.

2. Getting to know people who are both very different and eerily similar to me.

3. Being able to vent about my mother's husband without the messy (though very real) possibility of bloodshed.

4. Peering into others' shared lives and realizing that I'm not alone in the world with my personal struggles.

5. Experiencing first-hand the kindness of my blog friends.

6. Receiving and giving support.

7. Indulging in an excellent work-procrastination exercise.


7 Things I Say Most Often

1. Um, hello???

2. Extra-Large Decaf Vanilla Spice Coffee

3. WTF (sans acronym)

4. Whatever

5. Did you write that withdrawl in the checkbook?

6. Do you want to answer the phone? Me either.

7. Fan-freakin'-tastic


7 Books I Love

1. Notes From a Small Island by Bill Bryson

2. Emma by Jane Austen

3. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

4. Two Truths and a Lie by Katrina Kittle

5. I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb

6. Dude, Where's My Country? by Michael Moore

7. Beloved by Toni Morrison


7 Movies I Watch Over and Over Again

1. Pretty in Pink

2. Something's Gotta Give

3. Love Actually

4. My Big Fat Greek Wedding

5. Rudy

6. Amelie

7. Notting Hill

And thank you to everyone who contributed their words of advice and comfort on my last post. They've helped me immensely.

3 Responses to “My 7s”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I always enjoy reading these memes!
    I am starting up a book club this month and will take note of your favourite books to suggest to the group.
    I haven't been blogging for a while, and so am jsut trying to get caught up on yours!
    I am SO glad that your sister knows about the baby! And even happier that she is happy about it (although I figured she would be)I am sure that she will be the bestest auntie in the whole world!
    About your thoughts on miscarriage, and all the other crappy things that can happen...I think that that is quite natural for you to be feeling that way after such a long time of trying. I think that most pregnant women have thoughts similar to yours. But, you're right...stay positive and focused on having a healthy pregnancy. And ENJOY it! You've been waiting a long time for this.  

  2. # Blogger Kristi

    Alisha-lol. I don't think anyone will get over that. And I have a growing book list too. I ike always having something to read.

    Amy-I know what you mean about Love Actually. I've yet to meet someone who doesn't love that movie.

    Ramona-That's great you're starting a book club. I've always wanted to create one of my own, or to join one. And I'm glad my sister knows too, and that she's so happy. I just wish she were here to hold my hand and keep me grounded as I freak out this weekend before my ultrasound on Monday!

    Cara-Hey you. Where have you been? The chocolate aversion is entirely by choice. I've never really liked it, if you can believe that!  

  3. # Blogger Suzanne

    I love these things : )

    Bill Bryson is one of my favorite authors. Years ago, I belonged to one of those lovely book clubs where you have to send in cards refusing that month's featured book. Naturally, I missed one and got "In A Sunburned Country." I laughed myself silly (still do) and fell in love with his books. In fact, I gave that book to my sister this past Christmas, and I just bought two more books I needed for my collection (A Walk In The Woods and A Short History of Nearly Everything, the latter to replace the copy I loaned to my sister several years ago and which is currently buried somewhere in her house).

    Continuing the streak, I love Love Actually too (although this past season there was a heated debate going between some of my online friends because we actually found someone who despised that movie!). I also love My Big Fat Greek Wedding (partly because I'm terribly proud of my Greek heritage), and I love love love Amelie! There's just such a sweet innocence about that movie. That and it's French, and I've been in love with the French since elementary school : )  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly