786 Is My New Favorite Number

After waiting a good hour and a half past the time when I expected my doctor's office to call, I received the most wonderful news from one of the nurses. My HCG beta, which was supposed to be in the 400-500 range, was 786!

786!!!

There aren't words to describe how happy I am right now. With this news, I'm a little less nervous. I'm a little less cautious. And this baby (or babies) seems a little more mine.

For those of you who are interested, my doubling time (the time it took for my HCG level to double, which it needs to every 48-72 hours for the pregnancy to progress normally) was 34.8 hours, and my doubling rate was 1.61 days. These are good numbers!

I received quite a few " is it twins?" emails from friends once I shared my news. I have no idea. From what I've been able to research, it's too soon to tell, but my number is on the high end of the singleton (one baby) chart. I don't think they'll know for sure until the ultrasound.

I'm still pregnant. The bambino (bambini?) inside me is developing as he or she should, and for the first time this year, I can actually say I'm looking forward to Christmas. I've forgotten what it feels like to be this happy.

6 Responses to “786 Is My New Favorite Number”

  1. # Blogger Christine

    YAY! Oh it's so good to hear everthing is going so well! Makes my day!

    keep on keepin on and doing what you're doing. :)

    (also, a little late on the last post, but I've always been a person who has said that they don't want kids and I don't have a lot of patience for misbehaving children. However, I love, love, love children and love my goddaughter and her sister, and my other cousins' daughters to death...so feel things out and do whatever feels right with sis and good luck.)  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I am SOOOOO Happy! That is the best news I have heard all day!
    Congratulations!
    What a wonderful Christmas gift.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    YAY!!
    that is fantastic news :)

    I am so glad that everything is going so well for you!

    *huge hug!*  

  4. # Blogger Marie

    Woo hoo! Woo hoo!

    That baby (babies?) will enjoy the good cooking this weekend!!

    Congratulations Kristi! What a wonderful Christmas gift.  

  5. # Blogger Kristi

    Alisha-My husband is happy, but like me, it's a cautious kind of happy. We're both relieved at this number, though, which was more than we were expecting!

    Christine-Thanks for the words of advice. It's nice to hear the perspective of someone who doesn't want kids herself, but who loves the ones who are part of her life. Maybe there's hope for my sister yet!

    Ramona-Thank you, and yes, this is the best Christmas gift imaginable.

    Clare-Thanks. My hope is that everything works out for you too, and very soon.

    Marie-I sure hope so. If he/she/they don't like Italian food, I'm not sure what I'll do.

    Caryl-LOL. I'm so glad you're excited! Rich is doing well, but is still a bit in disbelief. I don't think either one of us is prepared to make this 100% real yet, because we're so afraid it could be taken away.  

  6. # Blogger Unknown

    Hmmm... Your first two betas are just about identical to my first betas with Son #1.... So, on that wholly unscientific basis, I am voting for ONE very very healthy bean.

    Congratulations on your pregnancy, I just found you but I'm so very happy for you. What a wonderful Christmas season you must be having.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly