The Loot

Christmas morning at my house began very early. Actually, every morning at my house begins very early because my husband has to give me a progesterone shot at 7am. Sometimes we go back to bed if it's not a workday, but on Christmas we were both awake and excited to open our gifts, so we stayed awake.

My big gift to my husband was a gift certificate to a golf store so he could buy golf clubs. He has accumulated enough gift certificates from this store over the past year or so, given to him by different relatives, to purchase new clubs this winter, so he's very excited.

And my gift was a KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer!! There aren't words to describe how much I love this mixer. I've wanted a stand mixer for so long. Unlike the rest of my married friends, I didn't register for a mixer when I got married. I thought first, I would never use one, and second, because they were so expensive, I thought no one would buy it for me anyway if I did register for it. And truthfully, I wouldn't have used a mixer prior to this year, when I really started to bake regularly. But I've yearned for the beauty for a full year now, and now she's mine, in charming Empire Red to go with my yellow and red kitchen. Love that husband of mine!

I also received several other baking-themed gifts. I received two gift certificates to Williams-Sonoma (from my sister and my mom), a 10-inch tart pan (so I can make Ina Garten's Pumpkin-Banana Mousse Tart), pie weights, a pastry brush, Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook (yay! Love my Martha), and The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook, so I can try and replicate some of the yummy treats we sampled on our last trip to New York City. I also received these vintage-looking canisters from The Baker's Catalogue.

So, what was your favorite Christmas/holiday gift?

6 Responses to “The Loot”

  1. # Blogger Marie

    Woohoo!!! Party at MarthaKristi's!!

    Beauty!!!

    Dang! I wanted to see the canisters... site is down.

    I'll be back later...........  

  2. # Blogger Dawn

    Sounds awesome! It's so nice to get stuff you'll really use.

    I also was going to look at the canisters, but the site is still down. I'll have to check back later...  

  3. # Blogger Geekwif

    Woo hoo! Mine isn't as fancy as yours, but I do love my KitchenAid mixer. You're going to love it!  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Ooooh, you lucky girl!!! Remember when Cara got hers and I posted about being so happy for her, I couldn't even be jealous? Well, I feel the same way for you and your new mixer!  

  5. # Blogger Kristi

    Marie-LOL. I wish! Try this link for the canisters: http://shop.bakerscatalogue.com/detail.jsp;jsessionid=08302697441135958439889?id=8380CREAM&pv=1135958440098

    Dawn-I know. I can't wait to try it out. See the above link for the canisters.

    R.-I still don't own a digital camera!

    Geekwif-I can't wait to give it a try.

    Alisha-Thanks! Register for one for your shower, and maybe you'll be lucky enough to join the "mixer club."  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly