Holiday Cookie Exchange, Week #3: Oatmeal Spice Cookies and Pumpkin Cookies

The name of the game in my house this week was distraction. I tried to keep myself busy as much as possible, so I wouldn't have time to sit around in a state of self-examination and stress, thinking about what's to come on Sunday. So, I tried to arrange a week packed with activites, and one such activity was a Pampered Chef party I had earlier in the week. I decided to make cookies for my friends and family to eat at the party, and to take with them when they left. So I made two kinds: Oatmeal Spice and Pumpkin. I think both turned out pretty well.

The lovely Dawn over at So Cal Foodie is hosting the third and final Holiday Cookie Exchange this weekend. So head over there for even more last-minute cookie ideas.

Oatmeal Spice Cookies

(These are from Cooking Light)

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used ½ wheat and ½ white flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar (I used 1/4 cup Splenda For Baking)
1/2 cup stick margarine, softened
3 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup (I used honey instead)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large egg whites
1 large egg
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 1/3 cups raisins (I used butterscotch chips instead)
Cooking spray

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, and set aside.

Combine brown sugar and next 6 ingredients (brown sugar through egg) in a large bowl, and beat mixture at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended.

Stir in oats and raisins or butterscotch chips, and let stand 5 minutes.

Stir in flour mixture.
Drop dough by level tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.

Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove cookies from pans, and cool on wire racks.

Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Makes about 4 1/2 dozen.



Pumpkin Cookies

Ingredients

1 egg

1/2 cup softened butter

1 cup sugar (I used 1/4 cup Splenda For Baking)

1 15oz can of pumpkin

1 tsp vanilla

2 cups flour

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp cinnamon

1 cup butterscotch chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Cream egg and butter until light anf fluffy.

Add sugar and pumpkin and mix well.

Add vanilla, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon, and mix well.

Stir in butterscotch chips.

Drop by the teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 12-14 minutes or until firm.

Transfer to wire rack to cool.

Makes 3 dozen.


These were the little cookie bags I made for my friends to take home.


3 Responses to “Holiday Cookie Exchange, Week #3: Oatmeal Spice Cookies and Pumpkin Cookies”

  1. # Blogger Marie

    And they were DELICIOUS!!!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Kristi, I know this is pretty pointless as you live in the US and I'm in the UK but where did you get the cookie bags? I've made loads of cookies this weekend and can't figure out how to package them...  

  3. # Blogger Kristi

    Marie-As were yours! Thanks again for them. They were gone within a day.

    Caryl-Definitely!

    Alisha-I would be glad to!

    Thalia-I got them at Michael's (an arts and crafts store chain here in the states). http://www.michaels.com/art/online/home
    Unfortunately, I looked and it doesn't seem like you have them in the UK, but check in craft stores or even bakery supply stores.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly