Carbs and Sugar are a Girl's Best Friends

I don't get out much.

Our babysitters are 80 years old, and can't be left alone with the kiddos for any length of time. They also can't drive after dark.
Since the birth of the twins last October, we've left all three kids just once in the evening in the care of my amazing friends who allowed the hubs and me to celebrate my birthday at our favorite restaurant.
So in the evenings, when the rest of the world is going out to dinner, a movie, or drinking themselves into oblivion, you'll find the hubs and me parked on the couch, watching bad reality tv while Isabella and the babies sleep upstairs. It's a small, small world, which some of the time suits me just fine. Most of the time, though, it's too small.
Needless to say, the "Girls' Night In" giveaway I entered on Tracey's blog intrigued me. A new BlogHer group call "The Juice" was sponsoring the giveaway, and the prize was awesome: A basket of candy, DVDs, snacks, and a t-shirt - everything you would need to invite friends over for a "girl's night at home."
It was as if the fates were smiling down upon me because I won!
Here is what arrived at my house on Thursday:



There are Cheetos, people. Cheetos! (Or I should say, there were Cheetos, since I basically ripped open the bag and poured the contents directly down my throat immediately after taking this photo.)


Oddly, there are also three 90-calorie Quaker granola bars in this basket o' unhealthy wonderfullness. I'm not sure what they were doing in there, but I promptly stashed them in the back of my cupboard, to be consumed once I've devoured snack heaven and need to lose the five pounds it will no doubt add to my "still-need-to-lose-7-pregnancy-pounds" frame.
And while I didn't invite my friends over for a "Girls' Night In" to share the motherlode with me, I have been thoroughly enjoying eating my way through the kinds of foods that normally don't make an appearance in my house because I have absolutely no willpower whatsoever, and would eatandeatandeatandeatandeat myself back into my fat pants if I bought these kinds of things on a regular basis.
Thank you so much, Tracey!

9 Responses to “Carbs and Sugar are a Girl's Best Friends”

  1. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    So glad you like it!  

  2. # Blogger Melissa

    Congratulations, Kristi! That's an awesome basket! We're the same as you guys - once the kids go to bed, we're parked on the sofas with our laptops. (There have been occasion where we've actually emailed each other while sitting six feet away. How pathetic and "no-life" is that?!)  

  3. # Blogger Mom24

    That looks like a lot of fun. So glad you enjoyed it. You deserve the fun.

    What about a college age sitter? If you could find one you liked and trusted, she'd be worth her weight in gold.  

  4. # Blogger Shannon

    oh that is so awesome you won... and you needed that too lol... have fun with everything!  

  5. # Blogger kenju

    That sounds like fun. I would not be able to resist the snacks either.  

  6. # Anonymous Lis Garrett

    How great for you! My eyes went directly to those bags of Doritos. LOL!  

  7. # Blogger Veronica

    Congratulations!

    And, mmmm... Cheetos.  

  8. # Blogger Debbie

    Yay! Congratulations! Yummy!  

  9. # Blogger Holly

    What a fun thing to win!

    We don't get out, either.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly