Resort-Style Living

Lest anyone think that 8-month-old twins and an almost-three-year-old put a cramp in one's vacation style, allow me to show you how we're rolling this summer.

Behold, the indoor pool* we invested in to entertain the kids.

It's incredibly versatile.

You can eat your afternoon snack in it.

(Hey-How YOU doin'?)
You can watch Blue's Clues in it.

You can stick your binky-loving baby in it.

You can cover it with a blanket and hide underneath it.

You can carefully arrange a circle of maracas in it, telling your mother "Mommy, we must place the maracas in the pool, not throw them."

You can even assemble Play-doh worms in it.

And, if you're willing to splurge, you can hire two young, but incredibly talented, vocalists to serenade you poolside you while you pound the crap out of said Play-doh.




*Thanks to Jamie from Sticky Feet for the idea of hauling the baby pool inside the house. Isabella was totally stoked at the idea of the pool in her living room when she got up from her nap one rainy afternoon last week.

10 Responses to “Resort-Style Living”

  1. # Blogger My Wombinations

    I can't believe how calm Isabella stays through the chaos.

    You should post more videos!  

  2. # Blogger Jamie

    hehe :) I love it! :) Isn't it amazing what an indoor pool can do? :)  

  3. # Blogger Mom24

    What a mom! Great idea.  

  4. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    Also good for drippy popsicles and containing lots of little balls. Your own ball pit!  

  5. # Anonymous Laura Mcintyre

    Great idea , and why not? Lovely way to pass the afternoon  

  6. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    So fun! We did that this week. Our pool became, of course, a garage.  

  7. # Blogger Christine

    Smart! And holy cow, after watching that video I just want to send you coffee, lots and lots of coffee. Or maybe baby Benadryl. (I kid! I kid...or not.) Maybe I'll just stick to the coffee.  

  8. # Blogger Kristi

    Christine-I'll take the Benadryl.  

  9. # Blogger kenju

    That's a great idea! I think the babies want play-doh too!  

  10. # Anonymous Lis Garrett

    I love how the crying babies doesn't even seem to phase Isabella one bit. LOL!

    The idea of bringing the pool indoors is a GREAT one. It allows her to do all sorts of "messy" projects in a contained area.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly