It Is Happening

Around 7pm tomorrow evening, I am leaving my house.

With my husband.

In a shirt that doesn't feature streaks of baby puke and pants with nary a speck of smeared applesauce or yogurt on them.

And without my three little darlings.

Two of my nearest and dearest friends made the impossible dream a reality. For my birthday, they bought me a gift certificate for dinner at our favorite restaurant. They are watching the Triple Threat so that the hubs and I can go out to celebrate my birthday.

They have been warned, and they are accepting the challenge anyway. They are either the best friends on the planet or certifiably crazy.

My level of excitement for this event borders on the manic. We have not been out to dinner sans children for over six months.

I'm contemplating locking them inside my house to prevent them from fleeing in terror or exasperation...Right after I kiss them and hug them and promise to name my next child (ha!) after both of them because I am grateful beyond words.

Best.Birthday.Present.Evah.

13 Responses to “It Is Happening”

  1. # Anonymous Betty and Boo's Mommy

    Hey Kristi - do we have the same birthday?? I knew there was a reason I liked your blog! Happy birthday and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy your dinner out! (My husband and I are having lunch together tomorrow ... so I completely understand your excitement.)  

  2. # Blogger Jesser

    That is AWESOME!! How nice of them! Enjoy the hell out of it. You deserve it.  

  3. # Anonymous Lis Garrett

    Woo hoo!! Have an AWESOME time!  

  4. # Blogger Mom24

    I am so happy for you! Have a fabulous time. Good for you for taking them up on it. That's what friends are for.  

  5. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    YAYAYAYAYAY!!! I am so happy for you! Don't come home early. Don't call them. They'll call YOU If there are any problems. They can handle the kids. You NEED this.

    Happy Birthday, hon!  

  6. # Blogger Veronica

    They read my mind!

    I'm so glad! I would have done that for you weeks ago!

    Unfortunately, distances prevent that from happening.

    Have a wonderful time tonight!  

  7. # Blogger Chastity

    Yay!! Savor every minute!!  

  8. # Blogger kenju

    How sweet of them. Give them a hug for me and enjoy the heck out of your evening!  

  9. # Blogger MsPrufrock

    Happy belated birthday! I hope you enjoy tonight (is it tonight? So confused...) and relish it, which no doubt you will!  

  10. # Blogger Damselfly

    I'll light a candle for you at 7 pm. ;)

    Happy belated birthday! I've been MIA for a while and have missed many of your posts!  

  11. # Blogger Shannon

    rock on that is awesome... you guys need some time out and those are the best people ever!  

  12. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    Yay!! That is so great. I hope you guys have a wonderful night out!  

  13. # Blogger beagle

    Now those are GREAT friends!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly