You, Me, and HP

I've said it before, and now I'll say it again. My readers are some of the most talented people I've ever had the pleasure of "knowing." You are writers and photographers and potters and floral designers and knitters and graphic design wizards, and I'm willing to bet there are people reading here who have skills or businesses they keep under wraps too.

As you know, I write for Root & Sprout, an incredible parenting resource. The site is growing by leaps and bounds, and receives on average 7,500 hits a month and over 35,000 page views. Root & Sprout also has a Google page rating of 4 out of 10, which is excellent for a blog of its size and age.

I'd like to share with you the details of an awesome ad promotion the site is running for the month of July for those of you looking to potentially make your businesses some extra money or drive some traffic to your personal website.

First, you'll need to join the Sowing Seeds group at Grow Together, which is Root & Sprout's social networking site. Sowing Seeds is a group of people who are interested in receiving news about special offers, interesting products, or family-friendly services.

Next, purchase a $25 Sowing Seeds ad spot. Details of what you receive with your Sowing Seeds ad are on the group page. Through July 31st, you will automatically receive a FREE 30-day sidebar ad at Root & Sprout with your $25 purchase of a Sowing Seeds ad spot.

If you write a blog post about this promotion, as well as tell your readers about Root & Sprout and Grow Together (and provide links), Melissa (Root & Sprout's Founder and Creative Genius Extraordinaire) will extend your sidebar ad another 30 days. You will need to send the direct URL of your post to Melissa's personal email address at woolgatherings at gmail dot com.

So, you'll receive $55 worth of ad space for only $25! This promotion is open to all family-friendly blogs, websites, entrepreneurs, hobbyists, and anyone with a product, book, site, or service to promote.

On behalf of Melissa, and Root & Sprout's other team members and monthly writers, thank you in advance for your support! All ad money goes directly to those who write articles for the Root & Sprout website.

You can find out more about Root & Sprout here.

***********************************************************************

Since the latest Harry Potter movie comes out today, it's the perfect time to answer Meredith's question about whether or not I am a Harry fan. And the answer is: Yes! When my husband started reading the first Harry Potter book years ago and asked me if I wanted to read it when he was done, I declined. Fantasy/Sci-Fi books are not my thing, and I'm generally not a fan of kiddie lit either. But, I decided to trust him when he told me I would like the book, and I'm glad I did. The books are captivating and well written and the movies are excellent representations of the books, which is really important to me (Hello My Sister's Keeper producers-I'm looking at you!). I'm hoping to make it to the theatre to see the latest movie, since watching HP at home on DVD just doesn't do justice to the films. Are you a Harry Potter fan? If so, please leave a comment and tell me why.

7 Responses to “You, Me, and HP”

  1. # Blogger Veronica

    I love HARRY POTTER!

    And if I could have managed to see the movie last night at midnight or today, I would have!

    I love Harry Potter because J.K. Rowling managed to capture in her writing what it really is like to be that age and of course, combine it with a magical world that really resonated with my own childhood and my desire to believe that magic could really exist.

    I just love that blurring of reality versus fantasy.  

  2. # Blogger Chastity

    I LOVE Harry Potter for the reasons you mentioned, but I also have one big one of my own. As a (former) reading teacher, I was amazed at how Rowling's style got kids to want to read! So many children think that they hate reading because so much of children's literature is mediocre at best. She just has a way with words. It's captivating.  

  3. # Blogger Mel

    I havent read any of the books. I saw the first movie and enjoyed it .. and am contemplating whether or not to see all the others before I head out to see this latest one.

    I have just read MY Sisters Keeper and the book was WOW...the movie is due for release here next month and I have the distinct impression that you were NOT IMPRESSED with the movie??  

  4. # Blogger Veronica

    Let me add the "getting kids to read" part -- from my own experience.

    I have a little cousin who hated to read. She was 9 and hated books with a passion.

    I told her that I would buy her a book and she would love it. I got her the first HP book. And as you all know, it's not a small book. She looked at it like it was impossible and I told her that if she had a hard time with it, I'm sure her parents would help her read it.

    That's how she started. And of course, my aunt would get tired of reading to her, but she wanted to know what happens next -- and so she started reading on her own.

    Now, she loves books -- ALL of them, not only the HP books. She's turned into a little bookworm.

    They really are great books.  

  5. # Blogger Debbie

    I'm kind of a book slut, I'll read anything. But, I DO love the Harry Potter books. Every year, when I'm packing up books to take to the second-hand bookstore, those 7 books remain on the shelf, to be read again, and again.

    We're hoping to go see it next week.  

  6. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    Thanks for answering the question! I'm a huge fan, too. We will have to wait to see the movie since the big move is this weekend, but I'm hoping to get a chance to catch it once we're settled in. Those are the only movies we even watch in the theatre anymore.  

  7. # Anonymous Lis Garrett

    Kristi -

    Thank you for posting about Root & Sprout and Grow Together. :-)  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly