Send Me Sheets and a Gravy Boat

Today is Interrupted Wanderlust's 2nd anniversary.

I'm not taking her out dancing. I'm not breaking out the champagne to toast the two-year occupation of her own tiny place in the vast blogosphere. Because although she is all new and improved now, her writer is definitely not. She is tired. So instead, we'll curl up together on the couch and plan some future posts, and possibly share a slice of cheesecake.

One year ago at this time, I was sweating through the last month of the Beastie pregnancy. My house was full of baby gear, I was rockin' the cankles, and then, on a steamy August morning, Isabella was born.

It's been an interesting year. The world as I had known it for the past 30 years was turned on its ear when I became a mother. Writing this blog, and hearing encouragement from all of you, especially in those early months of new motherhood, was absolutely invaluable to me.

Thanks for sticking with me. For reading this blog. For sharing your comments. Because although I do write this blog for me, knowing it is read and shared with some pretty amazing people who are always there to offer words of opinion or advice is a pretty cool thing indeed.

10 Responses to “Send Me Sheets and a Gravy Boat”

  1. # Blogger My Wombinations

    Blogging is such a great way to meet so many interesting people and finding your blog has been my best blogging experience. Happy anniversary!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy Blogaversary, Kristi! I love your blog... Here's to many more years of sharing!  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm so sorry that I wasn't along for the ride to hear about your pregnancy journey, but I had fun reading back through some of your entries! I'm so glad that we "met" recently and are getting to know each other. Happy anniversary! Isn't this blogging thing pretty super cool?  

  4. # Blogger kenju

    Happy Blogiversary! Time flies when you're having fun, they say!  

  5. # Blogger sher

    Happy Blogaversary. I love your blog and and feel grateful that I get to share in your life! I hope you never stop. :):)  

  6. # Blogger Marie

    Happy Happy, Kristi!! Time flies huh? & how life changes in the course of 2 years...  

  7. # Blogger shokufeh

    Happy Anniverary! I hope you (and IW) enjoyed that cheesecake.  

  8. # Blogger Damselfly

    Wow, two years! Happy blogiversary.  

  9. # Blogger Leslie

    I hope my blog is still interesting in two years. I guess that means I should do less reading and more writing. Or at least more writing. Happy blogopoly! (I like making made up blog words.)  

  10. # Blogger sunShine

    Happy Blogaversary to you! I love reading your blog! I hope we will all be around for many more years blogging!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly