34 weeks: Now More Tan and Tired

I'm in my 34th week now, and you know what that means. It's time for another belly shot. But don't scroll down yet! I have lots of really important things to say up here before you look at the pictures.

All right. Scroll down. I'll wait.

Okay. Now where was I? Oh right. This week I finished the sweater I was knitting Beastie. This is the very first sweater I've ever made, and I'm actually pretty proud of myself! I got through some sticky parts with the help of my great aunt, and the finished product actually looks like something a little person could wear. I knit the 0-6 months size, but it looks a bit big. Then again, I don't think I'll be bringing Beastie home from the hospital at the end of August in a wool sweater, so I think he/she will have plenty of time to grow into this.


I had my 34 week appointment this afternoon and we met Dr. C, who will be performing my c-section. We're confidant in her abilities, in that she's done quite a few gynecological surgeries as well as c-sections, and we have an on-call general surgeon in case she runs into any issues due to my previous abdominal surgeries for ulcerative colitis 20 years ago. I gained two pounds for a total of 16 so far, my blood pressure is good, and Beastie's heart was pumping away in the high 150s. I have appointments every week now until the big day, in less than 5 weeks.

New pregnancy developments: I'm still craving peanut butter and Doritos. And winter. Can people crave seasons? It's been so unbearably hot here in the Northeast (as it has been everywhere), and the heat really affects me. I work from home two days a week, and I spent all day Tuesday working from my bed (and no, I'm not employed as a prostitute). Our bedroom has the only air conditioning unit in the whole house, and it was entirely too stiffling to work from anywhere but there.

Sleeping has gotten a little easier lately (shhh... don't tell the Beastie, as he/she still has no concept of sleep and when it's time to let Mommy get some sleep and stop rearranging furniture in there already!).

Last weekend we made a run to Babies R Us and picked up more baby paraphenalia. You should see our house-it's so full of Beastie gear it's ridiculous. But I'd say we're almost prepared. I say almost because Rich still needs to set up the pack-and-play where Beastie will sleep during the day. I need to organize some shelves in the kitchen for Beastie bottles and such. And we need to install the car seat and get it inspected.

The Beastie belly is definitely more rounded (and Rich insists slightly lower than last month's picture) but I don't notice that much of a difference between last month and this month, unlike the big difference I noticed between 26 and 30 weeks. See for yourself.















26 weeks
















30 weeks



34 weeks

11 Responses to “34 weeks: Now More Tan and Tired”

  1. # Blogger Marie

    You look great Kristi!

    I was hot & sweaty throughout my pregnancy... I know what you mean about craving winter! The PB cravings are a good thing... protein...

    It won't be long now... VERY exciting!

    Little K has been asking about you & R since we left your house yesterday... "where's Kristi?!" We had a blast!!  

  2. # Blogger M

    You look really good! A big difference in the belly! I posted some pictures on my blog! :)  

  3. # Blogger Dawn

    I agree with marie, you look great. There is something so natural and beautiful about a pregnant woman. Or wait..I should say, MOST pregnant women. And you're no exception. I have to say that I'm especially impressed with the sweater you knitted. I would love to know how to do that. I can't wait to see the little beastie now!  

  4. # Blogger Leslie

    That IS a big difference in Beastie belly size. And you're tan now, so you really are glowing. What they don't tell you is that after you have Beastie and you're not getting any sleep, then you'll be glowering.  

  5. # Blogger Leslie

    P.S. The sweater is impressive. A year and a half and seven scarves later, I still can't master the tension on my stitches. All of my scarves look like Snuffuluffagus's trunk.  

  6. # Blogger Christine

    Oh I am so excited. I cannot believe just 5 more weeks! You look fantastic.

    And the sweater....let's just say I never made it past scarves and blankets and am SO impressed.

    5 more weeks! Holy moly  

  7. # Blogger beagle

    LOVE the sweater!

    You look great . . . cute maternity top, very stylish!  

  8. # Blogger kenju

    That sweet bump is definitely lower and a little bigger than last time. The sweater is absolutely precious! And pregnancy always makes you hotter. My 2nd kid was born in July and I suffered death with the heat that summer.  

  9. # Anonymous Anonymous

    You really do look wonderful!! I can't believe it's only 5 weeks!! And congratulations on the sweater. I've never been good at that. Just thinking about weather that would require a sweater makes me very pensive. It's going to be 109 here tomorrow!!! I have prickly heat under my right boob!  

  10. # Blogger Kristi

    Marie-Bring on winter. Now! Although today, thankfully, the humidity seems to have disappeared. And that little K...how sweet!

    M-Thanks! And you look great in your photos too.

    Dawn-Thank you! I don't feel too beautiful when I'm panting and sweating around my house like an overheated golden retriever, though!

    L-LOL. Yup-I fully anticipate the switch over. And as for knitting, it's all about practice. And to make your scarves lay flat, all you have to do is block them: dampen two dish clothes so they are damp, but not wet, lay the scarf in between, and let it sit overnight.

    Christine-Thank you! The sweater was a challenge, for sure, but I'm glad it turned out pretty well.

    Beagle-I like that shirt too. Unortunately, I started taking photos in the winter, so now I'm literally sweating to death each time I put on those clothes for my update pictures!

    Annelyn-Not at all. Now that I look at it more closely, I think it definitely is lower.

    Caryl-Thanks! I love the wee little sweater too.

    Kenhu-Something about summertime heat and pregnancy just don't mix!

    Sher-God-109 degrees! I feel guilty moaning about our 90 temps here this week.  

  11. # Blogger Geekwif

    That sweater is adorable! Looks like you did a great job.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly