One High-Priced Poo Toter and the Love of Me Familia


I am a total bag girl. I've loved bags of all shapes and sizes since about high school. And I have way too many. If I walk into a store, I'm immediately drawn to the bags like Paula Deen to a stick of butter.

The whole diaper bag concept has had me tied up in knots for awhile. On the one hand, I've heard from "been there, done that" moms that I'll need one that's durable and washable and able to carry around mass quantities of baby gear. But the ones I've seen in stores have done nothing for me. Yes, I know they're practical. Yes, I know that I'll probably count the time in days rather than weeks before the diaper bag receives some sort of stain of the baby waste variety.

But it's still a bag, my bag, afterall, and it needs to be stylish!

Which leads me to the bag I ordered, or rather, that a certain fabulous, wonderful, super cool blogger friend and real-life pal of my sister ordered for me, utilizing her store discount so instead of getting the bag for an arm and a leg, I snuck by with just giving the arm. Thanks, Leslie!

It's a Petunia Pickle Bottom bag, this one, to be exact. And there aren't words in the English language for me to describe how much I love it. Made of brocade on the outside, it comes with a foldout changing pad, and I can use it as a backpack, or sling it over my shoulder. And best of all, it doesn't look like what it is: a carrier of poo.

On Sunday, my aunt handed me a brown paper bag. Inside said bag from an Italian bakery she frequents, was this. The two-degrees-in-English/writer/editor in me will choose to look past the bad grammar, and just see this for what it is: pretty freakin' cute, and if Beastie is anything like me, pretty accurate as well.

10 Responses to “One High-Priced Poo Toter and the Love of Me Familia”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    LOLOL
    That is soooo cute!
    I keep looking at baby stuff and thinking that would be perfect for Kristi's baby to be!  

  2. # Blogger Leslie

    I love that bib! Was it for you or the baby?

    Glad you like the bag. They're so pretty it makes me want one, too. Even though the only baby I have is a 32 YO BF, but that's another story.  

  3. # Blogger Marie

    Tres Chic!!! and very funny. I didn't know that you were a bag lady, Kristi... I am too, though I'm more a collector of canvas totes.

    You do realize that Rich will be carrying the diaper bag too, right? Will he have his own manly bag? Or will he carry the frou-frou bag? The Wegmans plastic bag will be your best friend for poo containment...

    Me, I have a very smart small diaper bag (I think it's Samsonite) for brief outings and a big Lands End diaper bag for longer outings. Hardly ever use the big one. I like my tote bags better!

    LOVE the bib! LOL!!!  

  4. # Blogger Binulatti

    Best bib ever! Please tell me it's reversible and reads "vaffanculo" on the back, pleeese?  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Love the bag--and the bib. I totally relate to the bag pickiness. That would be me!  

  6. # Blogger kenju

    Lordy, I needed that bib when my children were small! They are 1/8th Italian (but all attitude).  

  7. # Blogger Shannon

    That bib needs to be christened with genuine Italian pasta sauce, post haste!  

  8. # Blogger Ramona

    !!!Very adorable....the poo bag, and the Eye-talian bib!  

  9. # Blogger Kristi

    Clare-I think so too!

    L-LOL The bib is for the baby, but it applies to me as well. Thanks again for hooking me up with the discount. You can borrow it for your BF anytime you want. ;)

    Marie-Rich doesn't care what he carries, oddly enough. I thought he'd have a problem with it, but he doesn't. His mom also got us a diaper bag to match the stroller, and he said he would carry that one.

    Karrie-Why of course it does!

    Sher-I love me my bags!

    Kenju-LOL. What is it with Italians and their attitudes?

    Shannon-Believe me, my family can't wait to do just that.

    Ramona and Annelyn-Thanks!  

  10. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Best regards from NY! » »  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly