Say "Hello" to My Talented Friends

Interrupted Wanderlust is approaching its fourth birthday. Through this blog, I have "met" some of the most creative, talented, and driven people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I'm not saying this to pad your egos. I truly believe it.

I often bemoan the fact that I have what equates to a first-grader's artistic ability, and yet I come from a family of artists. My grandfather was a signmaker by profession. For each of his grandchildren's birthdays, he would paint an amazing sign that was the hit of the party. My mother is an artist and an art teacher. And my sister is an amazing artist as well. She's continuing my grandfather's birthday sign tradition, and has painted a sign for both of Isabella's birthdays (and is hard at work on a Clifford sign for her birthday in August).

I may not have an artistic bone in my body, but some of you-in fact, a lot of you-certainly do.

Vanessa from Drover's Run is an incredible photographer. Don't believe me? Check out this. And also this. Oh, and this too. I'm currently trying to figure out a way to coerce her into traveling from South Africa to NY to take photos of my kids because the photos she takes of hers are gorgeous. And not only that, she's studying graphic design, and creates some really cool blog headers, buttons, banners, Twitter backgrounds, postcards, and business cards. Check out her graphic design blog: Macnessa. In fact, she's updating my header with new photos of Isabella and the twins right now. I can't wait to see it.

Kristin of This Endless Love and her talented husband Matt have recently formed their own graphic design company: Dream Designs Online. I may know very little about art, but I know good when I see it, and their stuff is good. Need a logo? Or some invitations? Or how about advertising for your business? Check them out.

Lisanne is the graphic artist extraordinaire who designed Interrupted Wanderlust. She changes her own blog often, and each design is just so unique and pretty. She's also a masterful knitter, and she takes some beautiful photos as well.

Stacey from 4evermom (photography), Holly from Growing a Life (digital scrapbooking), In Due Time (painting and diaper cakes), Judy (floral artistry), and B from Cats in the Cradle (pottery) are also wickedly talented.

Bravo to all of you (and any of you who I might have forgotten). I am in awe of your abilities.

The breadth of my readers' talent does not end with the visual arts, however.

Sasha from My Wombinations is a hugely successful journalist who has published in a wide range of commercial magazines, from Parents and Parenting to Runner's World and Self. With strong opinions (like yours truly) and an unparalled drive to succeed in everything she does, Sasha inspires me to someday get my arse in gear and send my first query to a publication. Perhaps when my children release their strangleholds from around my neck.

And last, but certainly not least...

Melissa has built Root & Sprout from the ground up (ha). Root & Sprout publishes one or two parenting articles a day (add it to your Google Reader!) with topics ranging from teaching your baby to swim to rainy-day craft ideas, to protecting your preschooler from the sun (which, coincidentally, is my most recent article). Melissa is one of the most focused, dedicated, and hard-working individuals I know. Her vision for Root & Sprout is exciting and motivating, and I am proud to write for her each month. If you're a parent, grandparent, or spend any time with kids, I highly recommend you check out the site, and then join its social networking site, Grow Together. And, if you have a business you want to advertise, Root & Sprout has some of the most affordable rates on the web.

So, this is me taking my hat off to you. My little world is made a whole lot more beautiful and inspiring because of the work you do.

8 Responses to “Say "Hello" to My Talented Friends”

  1. # Blogger In Due Time

    Happy 4 years! My 4 years is in August (5 yrs TTC will be July 1st!)

    I promise one of these days I'll get the kids paintings mailed to you LOL

    I actually picked up a plush Clifford for Isabella that I meant to get in the mail forever ago, too LOL

    Oh well, big announcement soon (not pregnant related..fuuuuck) that will explain the slackerness. :-)

    Love ya! xo Here's to 4 more...  

  2. # Anonymous Ness @ Drovers Run

    Gosh (blush) thanks K! Your header is nearly done too...will send it through later today, with options! :)

    You rock!  

  3. # Anonymous Lis Garrett

    Wow! Four years . . . that's amazing!

    Thanks so much for the nice shout-out about Root & Sprout. I'm definitely bookmarking this particular post for the next time I need graphic help. Alas, I lack any sort of artistic talent, as well. LOL!  

  4. # Blogger Mom24

    Awww, you're incredibly sweet. Thank you. I can't believe you've been blogging for four years. Amazing! I'm so glad you are, I've really enjoyed getting to "know" you, and I love when you pop up on my reader. I always know I'm going to enjoy whatever my talented writer friend has to say.  

  5. # Blogger My Wombinations

    Thanks for the shout out! You are awfully talented yourself and without a doubt my favorite internet find. Seriously, Kristi, I am SO glad I met you. Thank you for your sweet words and support.  

  6. # Anonymous Lisanne

    I am soooooo glad that Ness is able to do your blog header. I feel TERRIBLE about that. I cannot BELIEVE that you mentioned me in your post!!! Seriously ~ i failed at doing your header!!!  

  7. # Blogger kenju

    Kristi, first - congratulations on reaching your four year blogiversary. I've been reading here for nearly that whole time, pre- twins and even pre-Isabella. I always love to read whatever you say. You may not be an artist, but you paint wonderful pictures with your words!

    Thanks for the mention for my flowers. I love what I do and I'm grateful for the talent.  

  8. # Blogger In Due Time

    Tell your husband I said Happy Father's Day! xo I hope y'all have a wonderful day.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly