Gratitude

For a husband who "gets it," or at least does a pretty damn good job of faking it. This arrived with a note that reads, "Hang in there. You're doing a great job" the day after the twins simultaneously decided to declare war on us by crying uncontrollably from 8am until midnight.


For a friend who stops by with her super-cute son and a bagful of treats from a favorite bakery to make my 10th straight hour alone in my house with two "fussy" (read: inconsolable) infants and an "energetic" (read: spastic) toddler much more bearable.

For my best friend who came over on Wednesday night after working a full day at her stressful job to help me wrap a stack of Christmas presents, because she knows if there's anything I'm short on, it's time. (And also, patience, clean clothes, and the will to live.)


It may take a village to raise a child, a concept that has never meant more to me than right now, but it also takes a village to keep mama from fleeing said village with just the clothes on her back and the promise that she will return once the French au pair arrives.

8 Responses to “Gratitude”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    WONDERFUL!!! It's the little things, eh?!  

  2. # Blogger Mom24

    Those are wonderful things indeed to be grateful for. I'm glad they're in your life.

    What a wonderful hubby! It must be very nice to know he 'gets it'.  

  3. # Blogger kenju

    So, when will that au pair get there!??  

  4. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    I am so happy for you! Sounds like you have a lot of people who love you and your family.  

  5. # Blogger Marie

    It was our pleasure! Wasn't that coffee cake delicious?

    Hooray for Jenny!  

  6. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    Those flowers are great! And it's so wonderful that you have such thoughtful friends!  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Kristi - I hope to be able to do something for you that would add me to that mental list...

    I'm sorry (really) that I have been of no help to you as of yet. Funny how those two young kids of mine and my job keep getting in the way of my plans :)  

  8. # Blogger Shannon

    ahhhh all of those things are so sweet...one of the moms at the gym has triplets... she said to look for a book called how to survive mulitpules- twins, triplets, and quads... she said that it saved her life... if you want i will ask for her email address... the triplets are now almost 5...  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly