Christmas in Crazytown

Celebrating Christmas with a toddler and infant twins was as insane as you might imagine it would be. Or possibly more insane.

Yet at the same time, there was something very special about watching Isabella understand most of the rituals of the holiday.
On Christmas Eve, she was very excited about loading up a plate with cookies for Santa and his reindeer. Although documented evidence suggests the contrary, Isabella was insistent that she was only giving Santa five cookies.


I know only one other person who can sit in this extremely uncomfortable-looking position, and that is my sister, who together with her boyfriend stayed at our International House of Mayhem for five days. I believe they were shedding tears (of joy) upon their departure.

Christmas morning began bright and early. Little Miss was quite excited about seeing her stocking with presents sticking out of the top.


Opening presents took hours. The twins spent exactly five minutes sitting peacefully in their respective baby gear watching their big sister tear into her gifts. I captured this extremely rare occurrence for posterity.

The rest of the time, they cried. I have lots of photos of them on Christmas Day that look exactly like this:

Incidentally, the seven-hour sleep stretch a few days ago was indeed the anomaly I feared it might be. They're right back to their every-three-hours wakeup schedule.

Isabella was very methodical about opening her gifts. She would open one and immediately want to play with it, as opposed to selecting another one from her pile. As a result, it took her three days to open all of them.

You can feed a bottle to this doll and then watch it pee on its accompanying potty. I believe Santa chose it in the hopes that it might encourage its owner to use her own damn cobweb-collecting potty. Unfortunately, it hasn't inspired any greater desire to ditch the diapers in its new owner.

Isabella did promptly strip her peeing doll naked and bedazzle her with stickers, however.


Other hits with the two-year-old include this coffeemaker, and a doll stroller. She informed us numerous times that she was wheeling her baby to Dunkin Donuts, and was wondering if we wanted anything.


The twins partied hard on Christmas and as such closed the evening by sporting their new hats and sucking eachother's noses.


The hubs bought me this, which we are both enjoying, however me much less so because I'm limited to decaf. My sister bought me all four books in the Twilight series, which I'm counting on finishing by 2011.
What was your favorite gift?

10 Responses to “Christmas in Crazytown”

  1. # Blogger Mom24

    Those pictures are awesome. You've done such a good job of capturing your day. Isabella's dress is beautiful. (The jammy's are awfully cute too.) I love the bedazzled baby, the babies kissing noses and the twins crying. It is what it is, you know?

    Glad you got such a nice gift from your hubby.

    My favorite gift was my new camera!!!  

  2. # Blogger My Wombinations

    Happy holidays!

    I love the photos and laughed out loud at the bedazzled baby.

    My favorite gift was my ski pass from my parents.  

  3. # Blogger In transit

    Great photos of your christmas!
    I am empathysing with the every 3 hour waking thing. Albeit with a newborn, and only one. That`s hard enough!
    Great pic of the sucking noses twins. Very sweet.
    My favourite gift was Evelynne`s sudden realisation that she could actually nurse without fighting me, and she`s been a champ ever since!  

  4. # Blogger Marie

    Those pics are precious! Oh my - those hats & that pic are extra precious! Reservoir tips?

    We got a crisp new Ben Franklin bill, which is very nice! I got a bunch of CDs I've had on my wishlist forever too...  

  5. # Blogger M

    Great pictures! My fave gift was my new Nuvi GPS system  

  6. # Blogger Chastity

    I'm so happy to hear you had a great Christmas! Don't start that Twilight series unless you want to get sucked in fast. I started a week or so ago, and I cannot put it down.  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I agree with Sugar & Ice... once you start Twilight you will not put it down, regardless of the 20 minutes of sleep you have gotten in 3 days (I know from experience)...

    I also got the Keurig... I am so crazy excited about it. It makes getting up in the morning just a bit less painful. =)

    Great pictures! Just think of how much fun next year will be! Tee hee hee...  

  8. # Blogger Gal on the Go

    The photos are great Kristi and I laughed out loud about Isabella taking her doll to Dunkin Donuts. Too funny!

    Hope you had a wonderful holiday and here's wishing you an amazing 2009!

    And I'm totally jealous of your Christmas present!  

  9. # Blogger beagle

    I never thought I'd say this but my new vacuum cleaner.

    If I have to vacuum (which I figure I ought to now that my child is polishing my floors daily) then I'm glad not to have to do so with the crap old one we had anymore!

    Cute pics!  

  10. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    Sounds like a very fun Christmas -- except for the crying. The pictures are great.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly