So This is What it Feels Like to Be Sally Field

There's something about being pregnant that makes me feel highly unattractive. (Humor me, as I briefly trot out this old gem again.) With Isabella, I felt like a baby beluga whale. I thought I was huge then, an idea I now see for the ridiculous and gross overstatement that it was. With the twins, I feel like a big, slow lumbering bear. With my swollen feet and ankles and the constant dull ache in the my legs, I've had the pregnancy waddle for what feels like forever. Throw in the hormone-driven crop of zits on my chest and upper back, my ballooning boobs and arse, and the fact that very few of the clothes from my first pregnancy fit me anymore and you have the perfect candidate for The Swan.

So, it's been nice to have my ego stroked over the last few weeks by three of you.
First, Meredith, mom to super-cute "Little Elvis" and author of Pregnantly Plump , awarded me with the very fancy-sounding Art y Pico Award, given to bloggers to recognize their creativity, design, interesting material, and contributions to the blogging community.

Here's a bit of what Meredith had to say about me: "Kristi is such a gifted writer. Her posts are very real, she doesn't hide her feelings."

Thanks so much. I often wonder if this is a good thing: putting it all (or a lot, anyway) out here on the Internet for anyone to read. But writing is such a huge part of who I am that I can't imagine censoring myself (too much) for fear of what others might think. I think I would stop blogging entirely if I couldn't express myself honestly on my blog.

I would like to pass on this award to three fellow bloggers.

Ness of Drovers Run most definitely deserves this award for her amazing photography talent. Not only does she take some amazing pictures, but she's pretty awesome at editing and enhancing them too. Check out what she did to this photo of Isabella, and then check out this one of her super-cute son.

Stacey at 4everMom is one of the most centered and down-to-earth people I've "met" since blogging. She has an uncanny ability to see the significance in life's smallest moments with her kids, and this is something I admire and need to emulate, since I always seem to exist on over-drive.

Tracey at Just Another Mommy Blog is the high-energy mom to three adorable kids. If she's not busy painting every room in her house, organizing her cabinets, or taking great vacations paid for by the resorts who want her to review them on her blog, she's doing fabulous projects with her kids and, like Stacey, recognizing the little things about her children and living life in the moment.

Then, Damselfly, mom of Isabella's future husband, Fly, and author of Growing a Life , awarded me with the Kick-Ass Blogger Award. So did Stacey, mom to four fabulous kids, from 4everMom. Whoo-Hoo!


Damselfly said in part that I am a: "funny mom whose posts makes you think."

Stacey said in part that she always loves what I'm writing about: "whether it's life at home or some thought provoking post about a social issue."

Aw, thanks! There are some days when I feel like being at home with a toddler all day is akin to witnessing the slow death of every one of my brain cells. So, it's important to me to stay on top of current events, learn new things, form opinions on emerging issues, and voice those opinions to my small slice of the blogosphere. And you read them, and at least two of you think what I have to say is thought-provoking. I'm humbled. Really.

I'd like to give this award to these two bloggers:

Melissa is mom to three great kids, a gifted writer, and is single-handedly running an online parenting magazine. Have you seen her fourth baby, Root and Sprout, yet? If not, you really should check it out. I have no idea how she keeps her life in order. She is hard-core, that one.

And speaking of hard-core, I'd also like to give this award to Sasha at My Wombinations. Sasha is another fantastic writer and is balancing a flourishing career with motherhood duties for two adorable kids. I'm in awe of her multi-tasking abilities and jealous of her publishing success. She is kick-ass indeed.

Feel free to pass these awards around on your own blog.

8 Responses to “So This is What it Feels Like to Be Sally Field”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Congratulations on your award!!! You deserve it!

    And I can say with absolute certainty I have NEVER been called "Kick Ass" before. It feels good, actually. Excuse me while I dig out my leather chaps and stiletto heels! I kinda like the new me. ;-)  

  2. # Blogger sashabro

    Thanks for the award! :) I feel good this morning, now!

    I know how you feel re: looks during pregnancy. It is hard, but hang in there. As you know, it gets better quickly after.  

  3. # Blogger Mom24

    Thank you so much. I love this award, and coming from you, it's just awesome. You really are one of the bloggers I admire the most.

    Hang in there...29 weeks already. It's going fast...for me. ;-)  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Gawsh! My first award! (wipes tear)

    Thanks EVER so for the award and the kind comments. Now I'm going to figure out a way to put that sucker in my sidebar and cut and paste your awesome statements about MOI in there as a testimonial!

    Thanks *SEW* much man! (said in a heavy south african accent :)  

  5. # Blogger Jesser

    Very nice ... and much deserved, I think.

    I am always very impressed with your honesty here. If I have one regret about my blog it's that so many real life people know about it that I just feel I can't be terribly candid. But I'll cheer the rest of you on.  

  6. # Blogger Damselfly

    Congrats on all your awards!  

  7. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    Ah, dahling. Thank you. I have a post somewhere where I'm planning on doing the awards. Don't think I've forgotten it, ok?

    Hope you're feeling better!  

  8. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I already told you this, but no matter how you feel, you look GREAT. Hang in there!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly