My Not-So-Pretty Pregnancy: 18 weeks

Some pregnant women positively glow. Their skin is radiant. Their hair shines. Their bellies are perfectly round and cute.

Alas, I am not one of them.

My complexion is an absolute wreck. My upper chest and back have broken out in a stunning landscape of zits. You could fit a Happy Meal inside the pores on my face.

I swear to you that my boobs are bigger than they were when my milk came in just after Isabella was born. I started this pregnancy with a B cup. I am now a D cup. On a good day.

Oh, and I'm not only carrying twins in my belly, but also in my ass as well. It is spreading. It is not pretty.

Ready for the photographic evidence?

We'll begin with a little comparison.

Here I am at 18 weeks pregnant with Isabella in 2006. I didn't even tell my manager at work until I was this far along because I didn't need to. I barely looked pregnant.


And here I am now at 18 weeks. It's the Boob-Belly Combo That Ate Manhattan. Hide your children and toy poodles.


Yes, I know it's ridiculous to compare a first pregnancy to a subsequent one, where the uterus is already stretched and begins to expand much more rapidly than it did the first time around. I also realize it's silly to compare belly sizes between a singleton pregnancy and a twin pregnancy because, hello? Double the babies and other assorted substances in there.

But I can't help it. I'm not going to post comparison belly shots each month, and yet I am fascinated by the differences in my body from one pregnancy to the next.

Coming next month: A sneak-peak at a little poem I'm working on called "My Wide-Angled Lens and Me."

19 Responses to “My Not-So-Pretty Pregnancy: 18 weeks”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    While the difference between the two pictures is huge (no pun intended), I think you look rather lovely. :-)

    I was always envious of those pregnant women who were round all over. I felt I looked a bit odd with my stick body and a big ball in front. I wanted to be pregnant everywhere, not just in the belly.

    As for the skin problems . . . I can relate. I had never had cold sores until I got pregnant, and then I had them ALL the time. My lips would turn bright red and swell - it was AWFUL and embarrassing.

    Seriously, though - I think you look great!  

  2. # Blogger Marie

    You look great, Kristi! Really.  

  3. # Blogger Mom24

    I actually don't think you look that big for twins. I think women tend to always look bigger with the second one, and seriously, what I see in the picture? I would never guess twins.  

  4. # Blogger Jesser

    There is a difference, but I don't think I'd look at you and say "she's having twins!" You still look like you're doing pretty good, too. And I can totally relate on the skin thing. My face was clear, but my back and shoulders?!?! Ack.  

  5. # Blogger Mel

    Your previous commenters should have you convinced by now....you really do look lovely. And bear in mind, you are half way alread! Twins often come around 36wks. I often felt awful in my pregnancies but looking back I realise I was way to hard on myself. Those blinking hormones....they can do a diddle on you!  

  6. # Blogger My Wombinations

    I know how you feel so I will not try to tell you the things that annoy me.

    But I will tell you that I think you look far better than you believe you do.

    I know how unfun it can be.... hang in there!  

  7. # Blogger MsPrufrock

    Look at those boobs! I don't think you look too big, so shut your mouth.

    18 weeks already...  

  8. # Blogger shokufeh

    I think you look awesome! I would not guess you are halfway through a pregnancy with twins. Not that it would be bad if I did, since you are.  

  9. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    You look good, hon! You ARE 18 weeks with twins, after all. I can't wait to see the tummy closer to full term. I remember, with my third pregnancy, people would NOT believe that I wasn't carrying more than one baby. Sigh... I get freakin huge.

    18 weeks already? Wow!!  

  10. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    I think you look great! I couldn't even tell you were carrying twins.  

  11. # Blogger Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee

    We still think you look cute! :)  

  12. # Blogger Shannon

    I had the same problem with lore... I was covered with zits!

    Hang in there... but I think you look cute!  

  13. # Blogger Chastity

    You're way too hard on yourself! I think you look great!!

    I like comparing my current pregnant state with my last pregnancy...so different!  

  14. # Blogger Damselfly

    I agree with the others -- you're looking great! And you're obviously healthy too, which is perfect.

    Kowabunga the boobs! (I only looked because you pointed them out, honest!) While nursing, just when I thought I was going to have to look for a double-D, I started nursing Fly less and now they're back to their regular size -- a bit floppier, of course, but still....  

  15. # Blogger sher

    I understand how you feel--but you look so beautiful to me (and everyone else). :)  

  16. # Anonymous Anonymous

    you look so adorable! 18 weeks! halfway already!  

  17. # Blogger Kristi

    I beg you not to let it get you down. Here's why...when I was pregnant for my second, I was so upset about how "fat" I was that I didn't let anyone take pictures and now I regret it. I think you look great and just remember that those boobs are going to serve a great purpose.  

  18. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Looking for information and found it at this great site...

    beautiful russian brides
    golfing dating sites
    images russian girls
    thai dating love site
    totaly free dating site
    http://flatheadronpaul.com/node/17382 - go fish dating site
    http://community.videospin.com/members/Goliflepimi.aspx - naughty russian brides
    http://www.2020people.com/node/9179 - beautiful russian bride
    http://flatheadronpaul.com/node/17378 - russian girls models
    http://www.2020people.com/node/9178 - most popular adult dating sites  

  19. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly