Where is This 800-Pound Gorilla You Speak Of?

Monday is my ultrasound. If you've been keeping track, I have employed the same method leading up to Monday as I did leading up to my first pregnancy bloodtest, and that is to try not to post, talk, or think about it too much .

Of course it's constantly on my mind, but as I might have mentioned before, this entire process for me is a series of baby steps (no pun intended). Yes, I received three pregnancy bloodtests with doubling beta numbers, so technically I am pregnant. But, I am a "show me the proof" kind of girl. It won't seem real to me until I see a healthy embryo (or more) on the screen.

I've had very little in the way of symptoms. I am wickedly exhausted a lot of the time, to the point where I really should nap when Isabella does, but I don't allow myself to do it. I have had a few random headaches, which is uncommon for me. And I feel really bloated. I've also had a couple times when I've felt nauseous. That's about it.

Believe it or not, I haven't been thinking about the possibility of multiples at all, strange as that sounds. If and when we see one or more roughly 7-week-old embryos, then I'll start to think about it once again. But right now, I'm solely focused on a visual pregnancy confirmation Monday at 10am.

9 Responses to “Where is This 800-Pound Gorilla You Speak Of?”

  1. # Blogger Mom24

    I hate that stage where you just start to think that you couldn't possibly be pregnant because you don't really FEEL pregnant. It's a hard point of time. My thoughts are with you. I hope you get all the reassurance you're looking for on Monday morning.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    We're all thinking about you!

    I remember sitting in the bathtub early on in my pregnancy with Bridget and howling (I think I was 7 weeks) because I wasn't feeling tired or sick. I thought for sure something must be wrong. Yeah, well, a week later was when the fun really began, and two weeks after that I was in the hospital with hyperemesis. BLAH!!

    I seriously hope you are one of those who can go through her pregnancy NOT feeling pregnant.  

  3. # Blogger Leslie

    Where do you go to get your head screwed on so straight? Voodoo? Is it voodoo?  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Lots of happy thoughts for a wonderful U/S on Monday!  

  5. # Blogger My Wombinations

    I can't wait to read tomorrow's post. I know exactly what you mean re: caution. I always feel the same way... I will refrain from saying anymore until tomorrow... . Thinking of you!  

  6. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    Been thinking of you, and noticing that you haven't been talking about it. :) I'll check in again today.... hoping and praying that you have got a really healthy baby in there!  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Thinking of you right now!  

  8. # Blogger Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee

    Sending you purrs.  

  9. # Blogger shokufeh

    I'm holding good thoughts for you. And looking forward to your next post.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly