The Luck of the Barely Irish

I've always identified more with my Italian ancestry than with my Irish.

But today these 25% Irish eyes are smiling (and brimming over with tears) because my pregnancy test was POSITIVE.

My clinic called shortly before 2pm. My beta number is 422, which, um, is high. My beta number with Isabella at 12 days following the transfer was 187.

This means there might be more than one. But maybe not.

I have to have repeat bloodwork done on Wednesday to make sure my beta number has doubled by then. I'll probably have to repeat the test again on Friday.

Right now, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I can't even stand it.

I'm pregnant again.

30 Responses to “The Luck of the Barely Irish”

  1. # Blogger Gal on the Go

    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you I actually have tears in my eyes. Here's to a happy, healthy pregnancy and maybe even a multiple. Wishing you all the best! Love Liz  

  2. # Blogger Mom24

    It's amazing how happy you can be for someone you've never even met. Congratulations! Good luck. You've been in my thoughts and my prayers.  

  3. # Blogger Marie

    WOOOHOOOOOO!!!! Congrats Kristi & Rich... and Isabella & the new sibling(s)!!!  

  4. # Blogger My Wombinations

    I LOVE it. I am so thrilled for you (as you already know). And if it is multiples.... Oh wow. I am looking forward to all of the exciting reading to come:)  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Oh, I am *so* happy for you, Kristi! Enjoy every moment of this amazing journey! I cannot wait to find out whether there is one baby in there or more than one! hehe :)

    SO happy and excited for you!!!  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy Joy!

    The numbers don't mean anything to me but when you compare them to Isabella's at the same time, all I can say is WOWZER!!

    Oh, the fun to come . . . . :-)  

  7. # Blogger Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee

    Congratulations!!!!  

  8. # Blogger The Queen B

    Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness!!!!!!!


    Yippppeeee....I'm SO excited for you and your family!!  

  9. # Blogger shokufeh

    Woohoo! I'm so happy for you!!!!  

  10. # Blogger Christine

    Congratulations! YAY!  

  11. # Blogger beagle

    Lucky indeed! Wonderful news!  

  12. # Blogger Leslie

    Oh, Kristi, I have chills thinking of what this could mean!! Holy guacamole, you're going to need another new diaper bag for all that baby gear!  

  13. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh, KRISTI.

    I was at my kindergartener's field trip this morning, thinking of you and so hoping you'd get this result.

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    Such wonderful news. You guys must be so excited. :)  

  14. # Blogger Hopeful Mother

    THRILLED for you guys. Will keep thinking of you along the way.

    p.s. That does seem like a pretty high beta!!!  

  15. # Blogger MsPrufrock

    Congratulations! I'm intrigued by this high beta, though not knowing your stance on multiples, I'm not sure whether to wish for or against!

    I'm so, so pleased for you!  

  16. # Blogger Binulatti

    Can I help name the trio like I named your trio of cats? (I promise no Anne Rice references).
    Congrats, sis! :-)  

  17. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh yay! Yay! Yay! Congratulations!  

  18. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Holy moley, Kristi, congrats! Just think--your Christmas's will now be doubly (or maybe tripeley) insane now!  

  19. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    I'm crying for you, honey... So FREAKIN happy, that I must swear and say HOLY SHIT, that's awesome!

    Enjoy this moment... I'm so happy for you!  

  20. # Blogger Thalia

    congratulations. I am hoping it is twins at most!  

  21. # Blogger Unknown

    YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAYAYAYAYAYAAYAYYAAYAYAAYAY

    and perhaps some more
    YAYAYAYYAYAYAYYA  

  22. # Anonymous Anonymous

    YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!! It was definitely a lucky day all around! =)  

  23. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Congrats! That is such wonderful news. That is quite a number! D  

  24. # Blogger anne

    Freakin' outstanding!

    I've been thinking about you all weekend.

    So, so, SO happy for you!

    Congratulations.  

  25. # Blogger Shannon

    omg your mom was right lol... but WHOOP... what a great way to celebrate the day!! Oh big hugs to all of you guys!!!  

  26. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Congratulations! I am so happy for you, Rich, and Isabella. I will keep my fingers crossed that the number doubles appropriately and that everything goes well. I can't think of anyone who deserves it more.

    Sarah (long-time lurker)  

  27. # Blogger Jesser

    Oh WOW! That is incredible. I'm so very very happy for you. I wish you all the best in numbers and the rest. Congrats again ... they are such amazing miracles!!!  

  28. # Blogger sher

    Oh Kristi! This is the best news in the world! I haven't been able to leave comments lately, but I came here to today and feel so excited. This is so damn cool! Hugs!! A million hugs!

    And so many thanks for your words for Upsie.  

  29. # Anonymous Anonymous

    CONGRATULATIONS!  

  30. # Blogger Damselfly

    Oh my goodnes! There are tears in my eyes. And it's not because I'm jealous. It's because I'm so happy for you!!!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly