One

After stress-eating my way through the greater part of a pint of pistachio-pineapple ice cream followed by a horrible baby-related nightmare last night, I was prepared for a really bad morning. Instead, I am ecstatic to tell you that after a close encounter with a condom-clad dildo cam, I am pregnant (still) will ONE healthy 7-week-old baby.

Frankly, I was shocked. The hubs was shocked. Even my doctor, who entered the room telling me I had "super-strength embryos" was shocked. All three of us were truly expecting twins based on my hCG numbers.

Instead, we saw one fetal pole. One gestational sac. And one gorgeous baby measuring in at a chunky 7w4d (I am 7w1day). We also saw the tiny little heart beating away. My doctor only measures the heartbeat if it looks irregular, so we didn't get a rate measurement.

I was discharged from my clinic's care today, and if all goes well with this pregnancy, today will have been my last visit to that office. If our luck continues, our family will be complete after the birth of this baby.

I have to continue with the progesterone injections, estrogen injections, progesterone suppositories, and baby aspirin until April 26th, when I will be 10 weeks. At that point, my arse will get a well-deserved rest. I might actually take it on vacation.

I am due on November 23rd.

And right now, all I'm feeling is incredibly and ridiculously lucky once again.

24 Responses to “One”

  1. # Blogger Mom24

    Wow!!!! That is absolutely terrific news. Congratulations. I am so happy for you. One huge thing to not have to stress over. Isn't that little heartbeat beating just one of the best sights in the world! Have a very terrific day...I know you will!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    ONE! Singluar sensation ..

    CONGRATS and enjoy this amazing news and happiness. Remember to keep taking care of yourself: healthy diet, water, excercise 3x/week, and PLENTY of sleep.  

  3. # Blogger shokufeh

    Yayy!!!! I'm so very happy for you! Talk about a great Thanksgiving in store.
    (That ice cream sounds good.)  

  4. # Blogger Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee

    Woo hoo! We are so furry glad you are not having a litter. We think that is better left to cats because we're used to having litters. (Not us though. We're fixed.)  

  5. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    Shit. You got me all teary-eyed over that beautiful picture and post... Congratulations, honey. I am so happy for you!  

  6. # Blogger Marie

    Awesome! That's one beautiful baby there Kristi!! CONGRATS again...  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    What amazing news!!! Congratulations! =)  

  8. # Blogger Leslie

    PHEW! And also YAY! I also had a harrowing encounter with a condom this weekend, but it's not what you think.  

  9. # Anonymous Anonymous

    A Thanksgiving baby!!! How very fitting!  

  10. # Blogger My Wombinations

    I still am in shock.. But I am so happy for you since I know this is what you wanted. I am so happy it worked out this way.  

  11. # Blogger Hopeful Mother

    Kristi! What fabulous news. I will keep thinking happy thoughts for you, Rich and the newest little one...  

  12. # Blogger beagle

    I'm glad to hear that the lucky streak has held for you!  

  13. # Blogger Christine

    Oh congratulations! I'm so happy it was what you were hoping for. And may I say, I hope a wee bit for a week earlier on the due date so the baby and I can share a birthdate. It's a scientific fact that babies born on November 16th are generally more attractive and intelligent than their peers.  

  14. # Blogger Jesser

    Awesome awesome news!!! I'm so glad you got all you could wish for. Big congrats!!!  

  15. # Anonymous Anonymous

    WOOHOO! That's so awesome! I'm so happy for you! And I know you were terrified!

    With all this luck... wanna buy me a lottery ticket?

    Veronica  

  16. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    Congrats! Thanks for visiting my blog, by the way. A thanksgiving baby sounds wonderful!  

  17. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Coming out of lurk for a hearty "Congratulations!"

    Here's hoping you get all the goody out of this pg with none of the pukey. ;)  

  18. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Congratulations on your one! I hope everything keeps going well for you. :)  

  19. # Blogger anne

    I am so very, very happy for you, Kristi. YAY!

    You have been in my thoughts quite a lot. I'm just so glad to hear this news!  

  20. # Blogger Lisanne

    Hey! A Thanksgiving baby! Just imagine how grateful and thankful you will be THIS Thanksgiving. :) So glad that you got what you wanted, although I know that you would have been fine parenting twins, triplets, or whatever! :) That's an awesome ultrasound. You can just feel the excitement in your blog entries. And I'm with Shokufeh ~ that ice cream sounds awesome!  

  21. # Blogger Damselfly

    Yay! Super embryos, all right!

    Dildo cam, hee hee...

    What a wonderful picture.

    Where do you get pistachio pineapple ice cream?  

  22. # Blogger Gal on the Go

    Kristi - I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats!  

  23. # Blogger Shannon

    Congrats hun... I am so excited and happy for you!!  

  24. # Blogger sher

    This makes me so happy, I'm weeping with joy! Monster hugs and jumping up and down and making those obnoxious female noises that we learned in grade school!

    Oh, did I mention that I'm very happy for you?  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly