Knitty Kitty

I've written about my penchant for knitting on this blog before, and I know many of you visit the blog of the goddess of knitting herself, Crazy Aunt Purl.

I'm attempting to knit a sweater for the Beastie. Now, while I've knitted many an item in my time, including scarves, blankets, and one sock (I never got around to knitting the second one), I've never before knit a sweater. However, the pattern comes from a book called Last-Minute Knitted Gifts, so really, how hard could it possibly be?

The answer, my friends, is very hard indeed, when you live in a house with three cats. Three cats who love yarn, and think the special-order, way-to-expensive-to-mention-the-price-here yarn I had to buy to knit said sweater is their own personal cat toy. What is it about cats and yarn?

Here's what the finished sweater is supposed to look like.


And here is my work-in-progress with Claudia, who while looking as sweet as can be, is actually the worst offending yarn-chaser of the lot. Wish me luck.

8 Responses to “Knitty Kitty”

  1. # Blogger Marie

    LOL!!! The sweater is adorable.

    My MIL has been working on a sweater for the little guy for over a year now. However, she has 5 cats... and apparently I chose a very complicated pattern (who knew?), so she ends up ripping out a lot of her work & getting interrupted by cats...

    So sweet -- I think knitting is a form of nesting. Wait til the end, when you have the urge to scrub the daylights out of your bathtub.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    lol
    Kiri finds my wool somewhere and has it from one end of the houuse to the other by morning......

    Cute sweater!

    You need to put a count down timer on your blog :) till b day :)  

  3. # Blogger Geekwif

    What an adorable sweater! Funny how those kitties can look so sweet and innocent when they want to.  

  4. # Blogger Christine

    Aww good luck on the sweater. I was a knitter my last two years of college and I think my mother has a few unfinished projects of mine in a closet somewhere...I think I would continue if it didn't stress me out so much that it costs more for me to make it myself. Stupid, beautiful expensive yarn.

    No wonder the kitties like it so.  

  5. # Blogger Ramona

    Very, very cute sweater! I can see Claudia is already eyeing it as her personal cat toy! That Crazy Aunt Purl cracks me up...she is hilarious!
    And a count-town timer is a great idea!  

  6. # Blogger Kristi

    Marie-Uh oh. She better hurry or your little guy won't fit in the sweater once she's done! And I'm already getting into cleaning mode, although not too bad yet.

    Clare-LOL. That crazy Kiri. And good idea on the countdown timer. I wonder where I can get one of those?

    Geekwif-You're not kidding!

    Christine-Yeah, knitting can be an expensive hobby. The good stuff is not cheap.

    Ramona-Love that CAP!  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous
  8. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Best regards from NY! »  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly