So Happy Together...

You'll never believe what arrived via UPS today. Let me tell you, it was a complete surprise to me, of course. My own was quite adequate.

Nevermind that I recently dropped its old and stained carafe, or that every time I moved it, the LCD display would shut off, and only turn back on again after I gave the machine a vigorous shake (and had to reset both the time, and the programmable morning setting-6:10am, in case you're curious). Or that a mysterious brown liquid had begun to leak out of its base. No siree, I was completely happy with my old coffeemaker.

Until she arrived.


Yes, I broke down and ordered the Kitchenaid JavaStudio Coffeemaker in Empire Red. She's very retro, don't you think? You can fill her water reservoir from the front instead of the back (as you have to do with most other coffeemakers), she displays the "time since brewed," so you know how fresh (or not) your coffee is, and most of all, she's red and beautiful. And she immediately found a playmate in my kitchen.

They make a lovely pair, don't they?


10 Responses to “So Happy Together...”

  1. # Blogger Marie

    tres chic!!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    WOW!!!!!! Maybe they will mate and produce.........a red ice cream maker????  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Very Nice!!  

  4. # Blogger Geekwif

    Oooh. VERY cute!  

  5. # Blogger Shannon

    I am so jealous. I think they will mate and produce a red coffee grinder!  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    That right there is beauty!  

  7. # Blogger Binulatti

    Belissimo!  

  8. # Blogger Kristi

    Marie and Cal-I love her!

    Sher-Now THAT would be fantastic!

    Clare and Geekwif-She is, isn't she?

    Shannon-A red coffee grinder would be nice too. My current one is a boring black.

    Jenny and Karrie-Why thank you!  

  9. # Blogger Ramona

    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.
    I want one too!
    No. I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed one too!  

  10. # Blogger beagle

    Love it! I have the cobalt blue mixer.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly