I Can Have My Baby and Eat It Too!

You've all seen birthday or graduation cakes with people's faces air-brushed on them with frosting, right? Nothing bizarro or strange about those.

But this? Is just downright disturbing.

Apparently, for the low, low price of just $2.25 each, you can have your ultrasound photo made into an edible cookie. Then sprinkled with edible confetti, and tied with a ribbon, for your palette's pleasure.

Chocolate-covered Beastie, anyone?

And here's a picture of me taken yesterday. I can't believe I'm 22 weeks already. I had my monthly doctor's appointment yesterday, and next month, they'll tell me my baby's birthday-the date of my scheduled C-section. I didn't gain any weight from last month, which probably explains why I look pretty much the same in the picture below as I do in last month's picture, taken at 18 weeks.


15 Responses to “I Can Have My Baby and Eat It Too!”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    LOL
    I TRIPLE dre you to get beastie biccies :)  

  2. # Blogger Marie

    Minimum of 12... mmm. That's really weird! I wonder if they're in demand??

    You look great Kristi!! Are you feeling well? Any fluttering action in there yet?

    It's going by quickly, isn't it? (it's easy to say that about someone else's pregnancy...)

    The little boy & I look forward to seeing you later...  

  3. # Blogger Christine

    Hmm...those cookies...strange is all I've got to describe them. But I've never been a fan of the cakes where they airbrush a person's photo on them either.

    And....22 months. Yippee!  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    So those cookies are weird but your title for today's post is scary too :)

    Happy 22 weeks!  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    First off--you look so adorable there with your itty bitty tummy bump. 22 weeks--wow!

    And those cookies are so bizarre, but it's fun picturing the look on people's faces if they got one of them. How do you eat that? Bite into a picture of someone's sonagram? Not happening.  

  6. # Blogger Leslie

    That title is really disturbing. So disturbing, in fact, it took the edge off the crazy cookies. Thanks for making me laugh! ;)  

  7. # Blogger Shannon

    What is it about babies and pets that make people go off the deep end into Crazyville? Don't get me wrong, I love both babies and pets (obviously) but dear lord, sonogram cookies?! Who's buying those?, I ask myself, and then realize probably hundreds of people, in which case, THERE GOES ANOTHER MARKETING IDEA I SHOULD'VE COME UP WITH TO MAKE MY FORTUNE. Sigh.  

  8. # Blogger Binulatti

    I'm guessing this is the new way to "reveal" your pregnancy to unsuspecting family members. Aslo would make a funny thing to overhear. "I came for dessert, and left with a baby in my belly" Yikes!  

  9. # Blogger Ramona

    LMAO!
    That is just plain old weird! But kinda neat in a not-so-appetizing way! What will the crazies think of next?!
    You look fabulous!
    BTW>>>We went to a Jays vs. Baltimore game last night. Not nearly as fun as the Yankees...but the seats we had last night would have been perfect to admire Johnny Damon's ass last week!  

  10. # Anonymous Anonymous

    hmmm
    maybe you should read this post......  

  11. # Blogger Kristi

    Clare-Oh, it is so tempting...

    Marie-Tons of movement all the time. It is one of the best feelings ever.

    Christine-Yeah, I agree. I'm not a fan either, really, but they're not as creepy as ultrasound cookies!

    Jenny-LOL. Thanks!

    Sher-Thank you! I was trying to imagine what people would say if I handed out these cookies. "mmm... delicious"?

    L-It was my pleasure!

    Shannon-You and me both!

    Karrie-LMAO. Now THAT would be funny!

    Ramona-mmm... your comment reminds me of Derek Jeter's fine ass as well. I think I shall go utilize the zoom feature of my camera now.

    Clare-For some reason, when I click on the link it opens the Microsoft home page, which I highly doubt is where you want me to visit. Can you repost?  

  12. # Anonymous Anonymous

    doh!
    http://deependdining.blogspot.com/2006/04/haute-cuisine-celebrity-placenta-only.html
    I wont try and be clever this time....  

  13. # Blogger Kristi

    Clare-OMG. I'm just speechless. That blog entry was hysterical, but I think Tom Cruise has seriously lost his marbles.  

  14. # Anonymous Anonymous

    certainly gives hving your baby and eating it too new meaning LOL :)

    Sooo Stirfried with grlic then? LOL ...
    sorry couldn't help myself :)  

  15. # Anonymous Anonymous

    best regards, nice info » »  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly