Weekend in Pictures

I'm back from my weekend trip to Skaneateles, which was exactly what it was supposed to be: relaxing.

We arrived here on Friday night. This is the Village Inn, located right in the center of town. Once we checked in, we realized we had the entire inn to ourselves (at least for Friday night), which was a nice surprise. The room was beautiful and decorated in the French Country style. It had a huge king size bed, a fireplace, and a wonderful and huge whirlpool bathtub, in which I took several long (lukewarm) soaks over the weekend.


As it was nearing dinner time, we ventured out to find a place to eat. We made reservations at a lakeside restaurant called The Bluewater Grill, and then we walked out onto the pier beside it.

Stand back! That Beastie belly bites.


Skaneateles lake is surrounded by these beautiful waterfront homes, which we later learned are worth millions of dollars. If any of ya'll are looking to buy, here are a few.

The lake is incredibly clear and unpolluted, very unlike the Great Lake in the city where I live. I'm not sure what Lake Ontario is like in Canada (Ramona?) but where I live it is a cesspool of filth, to put it mildly. But you could see to the bottom of Skaneateles Lake!

We ate dinner, and for dessert I had key lime cheesecake, my absolute most favorite dessert in the world. Rich had creamsicle cheesecake, which was also very delicious. I should know, because I had some of both.


We went back to the inn (after a quick stop at a candy store) and Rich watched the Sabres playoff hockey game, while I ate this. It was yummy.

On Saturday, it was about 25 degrees colder than it was on Friday, which was a bummer. Plus, it rained for most of the morning and half the afternoon. After we had breakfast, we headed back to the inn and I took a nap, not having slept all that well the night before. When I got up, it had cleared, so we went shopping and picked up a few things, including a laser pointer cat toy for the children back home. We went to dinner at an Italian restaurant that used to be an old auto garage (sounds scary, but the food was actually really good), and then we walked around the village and the water some more.

And on Sunday, we got up, ate breakfast, strolled around town a little more, and headed back home. Babymoon over. Back to reality. I hope we'll take more trips like these once the baby is born. Getaways like this have become as much a part of our relationship as our shameful addiction to reality tv, and it really feels good to spend time alone with your partner in a place where the distractions of everyday life aren't getting in the way.

Tomorrow, I'll tell you about Toot and Puddle. Intrigued, aren't you?

12 Responses to “Weekend in Pictures”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Sounds like a fabulous weekend! LOL! Lake ONtario at the Toronto end is also scary. You can go swimming if you don't mind leaving a layer of your skin behind! I think they have cleaned it up somewhat over the years, but I still wouldn't risk it.
    Our weekend getaways are just getting started, and Greg has been taking vacation days during the week so we head up to the trailer on nice days (like today!)
    Nice belly! Is it my imagination, or have you popped out since we met?!  

  2. # Blogger Marie

    Sounds perfect Kristi! And those desserts? divine! The Village Inn looks fantastic.

    Great photos -- don't you wonder how you got by without a digital camera, now that you have one?  

  3. # Blogger Marie

    ps -- I had no idea that the Sherwood booked that far in advance! Wow. One of my cousins had his wedding reception there many years ago. It was beautiful.  

  4. # Blogger beagle

    What a wonderful getaway! So glad you had that time together.  

  5. # Blogger Shannon

    I want to go there!  

  6. # Blogger Christine

    Aww that sounds like a wonderful trip.

    And I'm sure even once the Beastie is born you'll be able to take random weekend trips. That's what doting great grandparents and grandparents are there for. ;)  

  7. # Blogger Hopeful Mother

    Good for the two of you! Sounds like you had a fabulous time!  

  8. # Blogger Leslie

    What great pics - the lake is absoultely beautiful in the pics. It must have been incredible to see in person. Rich's creamsicle cheesecake looked suspiciously smaller than your key lime cheesecake. Do you think they adjusted the portion to accomodate Beastie? Next time you come to Seattle, have Karrie take you to Bing's in Madison Park...they have kick ass key lime pie (though it's not of the cheesecake sort) with the BEST graham cracker crust ever - oh-so-buttery and sweet. MMMMM!  

  9. # Anonymous Anonymous

    The pictures are wonderful to see, particularly the ones of you and Rich. The beautiful lake, the cheesecake, having the Inn to yourself---priceless  

  10. # Blogger Kristi

    Ramona-Ick. That's so sad about Lake Ontario. It didn't used to be that way. As for the belly, yep, it's "popped" out a little in the last two weeks, but it really depends on the shirt I'm wearing whether people notice. That green shirt really shows it, but in other clothes, people are always asking me "where's the baby?"

    Marie-Yes, totally. I so love my camera! And the Sherwood would be a beautiful place for a wedding reception. Very nice.

    Beagle-Thanks!

    Shannon-Come on over to the East Coast!

    Christine-I'm hoping so!

    Hopeful-We really did. :)

    L-They probably took the hint after they saw me salivating at the dessert case that I needed the biggest piece they had. LOL. And I will definitely remind Karrie to take me to Bing's. Thanks for the tip.

    Sher-Thanks. We really had a blast.  

  11. # Anonymous Anonymous
  12. # Blogger Bijou salon

    Hello! We have a blog in our town (skaneateles:) and your blog was featured, so I thought (in blogger fashion) I would say hello!
    Glad you like Skaneateles and good luck with the baby:)
    Next time try the other Italian Restuarant in town called Rosalie's...it's really the best...or the french bistro, called Joelle's bistro...it's amazing:)
    I really enjoyed this post, I once was a tourist in this town...12 years ago, I guess i have forgotten what it was like to see skan town through a visitors eyes:)
    all the best!
    Kim
    ps. you were featured on skaneateles talk blog:)  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly