100 Days

As you may have noticed, I've added a pregnancy counter to the blog. Look to your right. There it is! Clare suggested it a few days ago, and I thought it was a great idea. After all, I like to keep my handful of readers happy, so there you have it.

And if you'll notice, it says that as of today, I have 100 days left to go. 100 days and so much to do. Of course, I'm having a scheduled c-section due to previous abdominal surgery, so in all likelihood, I actually have less than 100 days to go. I'll find out the baby's birthday on Wednesday of next week.

Wish me luck, because tomorrow we're going to register. I've been told this is a long and involved process. And given my proclivity towards anal-rententive detail, I know this will be the case. There are so many decisions to make, and if you've been in a BRU lately, you know they have seven zillion of every product. How can you possibly make the right choice? So I've been researching the best brands with the highest safety ratings so that we're informed consumers. And my husband? He's simply excited because the Best Buy located right next store offers him a quick exit strategy.

Speaking of Clare, she has some exciting news of her own. Go visit her blog (this entry) and read all about it, if you haven't already. Congrats again, Clare!

Finally, in addition to the baby counter, I also added a recipe index to my blog, in case you want to try out any of the desserts (with a few main courses mixed in) I've made.

Anyone have exciting weekend plans?

12 Responses to “100 Days”

  1. # Blogger D

    I like the counter - I can just add 6 days and know where I am. Good luck with the registering. I Did fine until we got to the strollers - who knew a stroller could induce such stress? This weekend(in about an hour) we are headed to Santa Fe NM to hang out for a couple days and my husband is doing a 100 mile bike - he will be burning calories while I grow by the minute! No sympathy weight in my house - darn!  

  2. # Blogger Marie

    Oooo! 100 days!! That's exciting Kristi. Your index is a great idea too...

    Good luck registering! & don't sweat the decisions.. everything can be exchanged if you change your mind later. Have fun with it! It's overwhelming & exciting at the same time. Yeah, Best Buy will be convenient for Rich... LOL!

    I'm going to be soccer aunt this weekend (well, track, actually...).  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I love the counter!!! And I feel really guilty that I haven't done a recipe index. Shannon asked when I was going to do that and she is so right. But, I still haven't done it. Bad blogger Sher!  

  4. # Blogger Ramona

    So glad that you added the counter and the recipe section. Those 100 days are going to fly by! That breakfast idea sounds absolutely scrumpcious!
    Have a great weekend  

  5. # Blogger Shannon

    This weekend: weeding weeding weeding. Sigh.  

  6. # Blogger Leslie

    Will BRU give you a little scanner gun? Those are fun! Don't stress about it - you can always edit your list later. :) Is BRU the only place you're registering?  

  7. # Blogger Kristi

    D-Thanks for the luck! We're going to need it. And yeah, those stroller systems are unnecessarily complex, aren't they? Wow-your husband is a biking machine. Good for him!

    Marie-I am excited. It's still so strange to me that we're going to be picking out actual items that will belong to the baby we thought we'd never have. Have fun with your neice!

    Sher-You definitely need a recipe index, especially considering your amazing cooking skills. It might take you longer than mine took me, since you have so many more than I do, but it will be worth it when you're done.

    Ramona-Thanks! I hope your long weekend is wonderfully relaxing. Enjoy the trailer!

    Shannon-When you're done, want to fly over here and weed my yard? I'll pay a handsome sum!

    L-I assume they'll give us a scanner gun. If I knew what I was doing, I think the whole process would be much more fun, but baby gear is still such a mystery to me! And yes, BRU is the only place I'm registering.  

  8. # Anonymous Anonymous

    LOVE THE COUNTER~

    Thank you too :)!! I am so excited!

    99 days now... ooh thats not long, gee it's gone quickly. For me anyway ;) LOL  

  9. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »  

  10. # Anonymous Anonymous
  11. # Anonymous Anonymous
  12. # Anonymous Anonymous
Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly