34

Today is my 34th birthday.

As I read my post from my 33rd birthday, I realized that other than round-the-clock nursing, things are very much the same around here one year later. Sure, the twins are walking and talking now, I'm getting slightly more sleep each night (although, not much), and we're in a new house.

But I am still overwhelmed on a daily basis. I am still searching for the solution that will make my life easier and me happier. I still have bags so deep under my eyes that you could eat cereal out of them.

Today will be a day like any other. 12 hours of solo childcare. Work stuffed into the cracks. A run if I'm lucky. I plan on loading up the Triple Threat and getting my free birthday ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery after "naptime." Maybe if they're lucky, I'll share.

Prior to the arrival of my sister's awesome birthday card stuffed with a Starbucks card, an iTunes card, and a Macy's card, the highlight of my day was someone from my gym calling to wish me a happy birthday. Not an automated message, an actual human being whose job responsibilities apparently include calling members on their birthdays and talking to them about their plans for the day. Pretty cool, actually.

Thanks to all of you who have emailed me, IM-ed me, and posted on my Facebook wall to wish me a happy birthday. It means more to me than you know.

Here's to 34 shots of espresso today. I'll need it.

12 Responses to “34”

  1. # Blogger Melissa

    Happy Birthday Kristi! I always forget our birthdays are so close together (mine is Saturday). Hope the rest of your day goes as well as possible, and that it is the beginning of a great year ahead.  

  2. # Blogger Jesser

    Well I hope the festivities do not end today! You are one of the hardest working women I know and you deserve some b'day free time. I wish you an excellent year and hopefully that you will have different sentiments about the status quo come this time next year. :)  

  3. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    Happy birthday!! I hope that you get an actual nap out of the triple threat today! And that your ice cream is delicious. I once got lemon ice cream with marshmallows and the guy said it was something he had never made before. The marshmallows weren't a good idea, they got kind of hard and chewy.  

  4. # Blogger Jeni

    Happy Birthday, happy ice cream, and happy caffeine!  

  5. # Blogger Sunny

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope next year you are sleeping soundly, running regularly, working on a schedule, and feeling happy more days than not.

    Oh, and having ice cream. Because you should do that every year no matter what.  

  6. # Blogger Mom24

    Happy Birthday! Sorry I'm late to the party. I hope you had a wonderful day. :) Hope it's a wonderful year too.  

  7. # Blogger In Due Time

    I've already emailed you, but I'll say it one more time. Happy Birthday!

    Funny, I picked up my birthday cake tonight from Cold Stone. It was the Midnight Delight cake. Speaking of... is 1 am too early?

    Hugs.  

  8. # Anonymous Ness at Drovers Run

    34 was a wake-up call for me. It's nearly 35, and that's like almost 40 so, cue small panic attacks everytime I thought about my age.

    This might explain my insatiable attitude to certain things at this point in life.

    By next year this time, I think you will be a in a very different headspace -kiddowise- anyway. What a great gift from your sister too! iTunes, Starbucks etc. All the things I wish we had here! :)  

  9. # Blogger MsGraysea

    I missed yesterday but hope it was a great day and may the celebration, be that as it may, continue. 34-35+ have been the best years of my life. May it be so for you...
    Happy Birthday, Kristi. Did you share the ice cream??  

  10. # Blogger Stephanie Dahl

    Happy Birthday! I'll be 33 this year and my husband will be 35. It is amazing how fast the time goes. I was telling him the other day, "Do you realize that people born in 1990 will be able to DRINK next year?"

    You must be so so tired - I could hear that in your post. It is wild, isn't it?! No one can really understand until they've done it. {{HUGS}}  

  11. # Blogger Nonnie

    Happy birthday, Kristi! I bet when you read this update next year you'll see a world of difference between then and now.  

  12. # Blogger Jamie

    I'm a day late and a dollar short... but I did want to say Happy Birthday! You are amazing!!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly