Wordless Wednesday: Trouble

Luci and Nicholas are heavily into the much-hated Climbing Phase. The barricade of toys, exersaucers, and push walkers we stashed in front of the fireplace and hearth to protect them from bashing their heads against glass and brick is now a completely inadequate babyproofing method.

We paired down their toys this weekend, and stashed the exersaucer, walkers, and other miscellaneous items in the basement. I'm sure there are expensive fences we can buy, and a more permanent solution must come soon (are you reading this, dear?), but when I asked the hubs to come up with some way to prevent the inevitable forehead-fireplace collision, this is what he came up with: pillows. Clearly, engineering is not his strong suit.

Each and every morning, it takes them approximately 3.2 seconds to rip off every pillow from the hearth and attempt to scale the fireplace, SpiderBaby-style.


Don't even waste your breath, woman. I can't vouch for the kid to my left, but there is no stopping me. Mu-hahhahahahhahaha!

7 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday: Trouble”

  1. # Blogger Jesser

    Dang, that's cute trouble!!  

  2. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    Not to scare you, but I have a tiny dent on my forehead from falling on the fireplace. My father, who had trouble keeping my friends' names straight remembers the date of the fall. I don't.
    Maybe you could put foods that they don't like around the fireplace as a baby repellent?  

  3. # Blogger Andrew

    Relax. If they bump their heads, they'll learn to be careful. We break bones, get scrapes and bumps and dents, and we learn, and life goes on.  

  4. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    Heh. What are you storing in there? CANDY?!?  

  5. # Blogger Stephanie Dahl

    I will never understand the lure of the fireplace. Why, why, why do they love it so? Both of mine were the same way. I don't care for the climbing phase, either.  

  6. # Blogger Unknown

    I am so glad mine are out of that stage! Although, now they want to actually stoke the fire when we've got one going. Uh . . . no way!  

  7. # Blogger Sunny

    One of my friends has a plastic fence thingie around her fireplace -- she calls it the Baby Pasture.

    My son was interested in our fireplace for exactly 2 minutes of his entire life. I am in soooo much trouble when the twins come. *sigh*  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly