Not Snow Much Fun

It's been a weird winter in Upstate New York. Today? Typical January day: windy, cold, blowing snow, and about three inches on the ground. Last week? 50 degrees, spring-like, and not a speck of snow to be found.

Just before Christmas, my aunt's present for the kids arrived. Isabella was beyond excited, it wasn't freezing cold outside, and there was about six inches of snow on the ground, so we decided to take all three kids out in the sled. This was Luci and Nico's first experience with the white stuff.

It started out very well for all three.

We put Isabella in the back seat, and then put Luci in Nico's "lap" in the front seat, given that he's the heavier of the two.


I wear mittens on my feet because that's just the way I roll...and also because my mama's too cheap to buy me boots since I'm not walking yet.

Care to wager a guess on approximately how long it took to get us all dressed?

However, things quickly went downhill.



Get this 17-pound behemoth off of me!

I switched Luci and Nicholas' positions in the sled, and added Nicholas' trusty sidekick (he will be 15 before he abandons the binky-or more accurately, before I allow him to abandon the binky), and that seemed to work for awhile, although it appears Luci got the raw end of the deal here.


I may suffer in silence now, but you will pay for it after midnight.

Isabella wanted to get out and play soon after that, and then each twin had his/her own seat.

Inside these gloves, we are flipping mommy the bird for forcing us to freeze our collective arses off.

Then, Isabella wanted to give pulling the sled a try.


Have you considered South Beach for these kids? Seriously.

Nicholas was soon politely expressing his desire to exit the sled (read: screaming at the top of his lungs), so I thought, hey, maybe he wants to play in the snow too.


Nicholas enjoyed 30 seconds of frozen fun. Then, this happened.



I've given him plenty of fodder for his therapy sessions when he's five.

7 Responses to “Not Snow Much Fun”

  1. # Blogger MsGraysea

    This is so hysterical and brought a much needed huge smile to my day!!
    You are one very brave woman, but then I've known that for a long time. Getting three ready for a "fun afternoon in the snow" is like launching the D-Day invasion. I am sure you needed, but didn't get a long nap after that excursion.  

  2. # Blogger Unknown

    I am SO incredibly happy that all of my kids are now capable of putting on their full snow gear. When I work with the younger kids at the preschool, however, it's insane trying to get them ready and outside to play.

    Poor little Nico and his frosty mug. ;-)

    (I'm ready for summer!)  

  3. # Blogger Debbie

    Poor Nico in that 3rd pic down! He looks like the world's coming to an end!

    You are a brave lady.  

  4. # Blogger Marie

    If your Mama & Grandma see that last pic, your a$$ is grass!! ;-)  

  5. # Blogger Kristi

    Marie-Damn straight! I'd need to immediately go into hiding.  

  6. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    FABULOUS pics! Nice sled.  

  7. # Blogger Sunny

    GREAT pictures. lol Absolutely love them. I'm sure it was a lot of work and frustrating at times for you, but definitely worth capturing that sibling moment forever. :)  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly