Passive Aggressive

My Luci is the very picture of contradiction.
She is tiny. 4 pounds, 9 ounces at birth. 15 pounds, 14 ounces at a year.
Fits into size 6-9 month clothing at almost 15 months.
Has a small and angelic face.


But on the inside?
She's Voldemort.


Luci is 100%, without a doubt, the dominant twin. This is fine with me and not altogether unexpected. The females in my household are strong-willed, stubborn, and assertive.

But this little girl takes aggressive to a whole other level. She has made her brother into her own personal punching bag.

And Nicholas? Takes it. With zero retaliation, unless, of course, you count his attempts to break the sound barrier with his cries.

If they are sitting anywhere near eachother, and there are toys in the vicinity, Luci will pick one up and immediately begin hitting him on the head with it. If there are no toys in the vicinity, she will use her hands.

Oh, yeah. I just smacked him. And I'm about to do it again.

She's taken to pinning him down. Or perhaps she's attempting to hitch a ride on his back. I'm not sure which.



One afternoon last week, I watched as she took one toy after another and beat him upon his head with it. I would take one toy away from her with a firm, "No. No." And she would look at me, and then pick up another one, and do the same thing. This happened three times in a row.

She was smiling the entire time.

For his part, Nicholas does nothing. He sits there and takes it. He cries and looks at me, all, "WTF, mom?" He doesn't fight back. He doesn't move away. It's as if Luci is a python who immobilizes Nico with her venom, and then moves in on her prey for the kill.

But the other day, karma came back to bite Luci in her diapered behind.

Check out the following two videos*









Who's laughing now, sucka?

*As you probably noticed by his lack of tears, the ball was a soft, squeezable one from this toy. It wasn't a hard ball, and if it were, I may have put down the camera and stopped the assault...after I had captured a few seconds of it to sell to Cops, of course.

11 Responses to “Passive Aggressive”

  1. # Blogger In Due Time

    LOL Poor Nicholas!

    She'll get hers..probably when they are teenagers.

    My brother and I kicked each others asses growing up.  

  2. # Blogger Mom24

    Julianna laughed and laughed. Poor Nicholas. :)

    You better stop recording/reporting these, he's going to grow up, read this and want REVENGE. lol.  

  3. # Blogger Nonnie

    Hehe... Well, I hope she somehow manages to keep her strong will once her brother starts taking up for himself!  

  4. # Anonymous Ness at Drovers Run

    You are *so* funny. I was laughing so hard reading, and man that Luc, she's loving pushing the boundaries (like BOTH Of mine right now). So cute!! She was like, "hey, when I do *this*, then mommy says 'no'. Cool, me do it again."!! :)  

  5. # Blogger Hopeful Mother

    LOVE this post.

    Luci really looks like you in that 3rd picture. I usually think Nico looks more like you (and Isabella), but her facial expression in that photo is ALL Kristi!  

  6. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    She does look angelic! Poor little guy. I wonder what will happen when/if he starts defending himself?  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I agree with Hopeful Mother. Now we have proof that she is your child. Total Kristi look there!  

  8. # Blogger Sunny

    Ha ha ha!!! This is hilarious, it absolutely cracks me up that she dominates him so thoroughly, although I am not you or Nicholas. :)  

  9. # Blogger Holly

    And it always seems to be the head that kids aim for, doesn't it? Luci and Nicholas are soooo cute!  

  10. # Blogger chaoticadventures

    omg... too freaking funny... and great black mail! Lore picks on Annabelle and well little miss AB got back... she grab Lore's hair and wouldn't let go for nothin.... and even had the evil crakle laugh... freaky to hear out of a 4m old... but it about made me pee my pants lol... can't wait to see what will happen when she is crawling/walking lol...  

  11. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Amiable post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly