Priority Mail

Nicholas has always had an ear-piercing, pry-out-your-eardrum-with-a-dull-knife kind of scream. When the kid cries or throws a tantrum, he completely drowns out any other sound in the room. If someone was standing just a few feet away from me and I was to hold him during one of his screaming jags, that person would not be able to hear a word I was saying. He is that loud.

Nicholas is currently smack-dab in the center of teething hell. Actually, we all are.

His teeth are bursting through his gums by the gross. His top two front teeth are coming in, and the incisors on either side are just about to break the gum line. For a little boy who is extremely "exuberant," "spirited," and "vocal" on good days, the past few weeks have been bad. Very.Bad.

As a result, the time has come to box up my youngest and send him to China.

"Ohhh...fun. A box! Me likey!"


"Um, what's with the flap-shutting?"

"Farewell, dear brother. I shall miss you so much (but not your screams, which interrupt my viewing of Dinosaur Train on a daily basis)."


"Um, are you packing any supplies with me in this box? A blanket, some toys, maybe a few of those Baby Mum Mums I like so much? Please?"

"Get me out of here! I have not a single tooth in my mouth! You can't pin the past few weeks' misery on old Luci this time!"



"OMG. I'm really going, aren't I?"

Farewell, Little Man. I'll take you back once all your teeth come in, I promise.

10 Responses to “Priority Mail”

  1. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    All at once? Poor little guy. I hope they all pop out quickly. Little Elvis' took weeks to break through.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    He totally looks just like your dad in these pics.--KB  

  3. # Anonymous Ness at Drovers Run

    OHmigosh, they're both so cute right now (when they're in photographs, and silent of course). My youngest also has this ability to scream SO hard that I actually feel my eardrum trying to dislodge itself from it's place in my ear canal and burrow deeper into my head. He actually laughs after he's screamed like that. Like this little naughty giggle that says, "Hee hee, listen to what *I* can do!"
    My first one got sick with every damn tooth that came in, the second one, would get them, and we'd be like, "sheesh, when did *that* one come in?" total surprise. He got a bit moany and chewy but that was about it. But then my memory isn't what it used to be, so I could be talking complete bollocks right now.  

  4. # Blogger Mom24

    Make sure you send him special delivery. :)

    Hope it gets better soon. xoxo  

  5. # Blogger Holly

    Ha! Wish I could have done that with my first. My baby now has two bottom teeth, and he gets fussy, but nothing like his big brother.

    Boxes are so fun!  

  6. # Blogger sashabro

    This made me actually laugh out loud. Not lol. Actual laughter. Fabulous.

    Also hope the teething improves.  

  7. # Blogger Nonnie

    Was Nico Baby A during your pregnancy? Just curious. My Baby A has the most blood curdling scream I've heard in my life. She also is getting 4 teeth at the moment...bottom two canines are about halfway out and the upper two canines are just breaking through the gums.  

  8. # Blogger Jeni

    Lol, maybe take pity on him and pack him a few mum mum's to use those teeth on. Hope the teething passes quickly and your hearing returns with equal speed.  

  9. # Blogger Heather

    Oh God, are these boxes from still unpacking? Is this what I have to look forward to for the next... 6 months, year? I hate this whole moving thing.

    And poor little guy... that is a lot of teeth to come in at once. Hang in there, mama!  

  10. # Anonymous Anonymous

    nice post. thanks.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly