The Impossible Dream

The following is what occurred when I attempted to take the quintessential fall-and-pumpkins photo of one three-year-old and two 12-month-olds. Honestly, after a year of this, I really should know better than to even try.



I had slightly better luck when I separated Isabella from the twins.

I managed to capture this, where Nicholas looks great! Sadly, Luci looks...drunk.

Then there's this one, where Nicholas is either declaring the pumpkin to be tres magnifique, or is trying to figure out how to flip his sister the bird.


I have nothing witty to say about this one of Isabella. Considering she is photo-phobic 98% of the time and generally runs from the camera screaming, this is a pretty decent photo of her.

This is probably the best of the bunch. No one is looking at the camera, but no one is crying, tipping over, or crawling away either.
One of these days, it will be possible to take a decent photo of my three children together. In the meantime, I think it's high time I learned to use Photoshop. The annual Christmas photo shoot is coming soon, after all.

5 Responses to “The Impossible Dream”

  1. # Blogger Sunny

    Oh I love these! lol Such cuties, even when they are doing their own thing. :)

    My friend has 2-year-old twins, and she uses photoshop sometimes to put them in the same picture. It cracks me up! And you know -- I have *never* noticed which pictures until she tells me.  

  2. # Anonymous Lis Garrett

    I still have problems getting photos of all three of mine together. And us five? Forget about it!  

  3. # Blogger Mom24

    I love them. They truly reflect what life is. As I get older I've learned to treasure pictures that reflect the reality, not the impossible.  

  4. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    Actually, the last one is pretty good!  

  5. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    Those are still some super-cute photos!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly