Luci and Nicholas at 10 months

Yesterday, Luci and Nicholas turned 10 months old.

Both babies are sitting up independently now, although Nicholas still prefers to recline. They can both transition from sitting up to a crawling position, and they've begun to creep forward. Not crawling, exactly, but definitely inching. And they are both rolling all over the place. Not bad for 34 weekers.



Luci and Nicholas are doing very well with self-feeding. They're eating Cheerios, puffs, toast, and tiny bits of cheese on their own. I'm making their baby food with a lot of texture now, and I hope to transition to all table food in the next few months. I feel such mommy guilt when I think of the meals I was preparing for Isabella when she was their age, though. Some of you may even remember that Pru and I even had a baby food blog. R.I.P., Mush.

Their personalities really began to emerge this past month.

Luci may have a career in ultimate fighting awaiting her. She loves to pull her brother's hair, steal his toys, and kick him when they get too close on the floor.

She is feisty and independent and definitely the more aggressive and dominant of the two. I call her "The Beast." She would much prefer to hit the crib immediately when she's tired, rather than rocking with me. That said, she loves to be kissed on her cheeks and her neck (and we love to kiss her). She squeals with joy and can't get enough of it.

(Isabella at 9 months in the same onesie).


Nicholas is my lover-baby. He still prefers me above all others. When I rock him to sleep at night, he curls his body around mine, pulls down the neckline of my shirt, and places one of his hands on the skin of my chest, closes his eyes and falls asleep. He screams (one of these days I must take a video) when I'm not feeding him fast enough, when he wants attention, and sometimes, for no reason at all. He is high-needs and the fussier of the two, by far, but he is incredibly kissable and cute at the same time.


Their sleeping issues are about the same as last month. My desire for a baby that takes decent naps apparently will never be met. Both sleep for maybe an hour (sometimes a bit more) in the morning. In the afternoon, it's on average an hour and a half. I am insanely jealous of those of you who have these marvelous little creatures who just sleepandsleepandsleep. Isabella didn't either (and still doesn't-the end of her afternoon nap is at hand). I suspect Luci would nap longer if Nicholas didn't wake her up constantly, but until we get into the new house and she has her own room, I'll never know.

At night, Luci is still getting up once. She's almost eliminated the 10 or 11pm wakeup/nursing session, and has slept through the night a few times recently, which has been wonderful.

It's inconceivable to me that these two are turning one in just two months (and that their big sister is turning 3 on Saturday). In a lot of ways, I feel like the last year has swallowed me alive. Just as my friend with twins warned me I might, I am having a hard time remembering much about their lives beyond how exhausted I've been over the last 10 months. I remember being so much more "present" as Isabella was in her babyhood. I anticipated each milestone. I couldn't wait to introduce new foods. I was busy, because I was still working full-time from home, but I was nowhere near the level of craziness in which I operate now. Fortunately, I've kept current on their monthly updates on this blog. Because their baby book? Ain't happening right now.

I love you, babies. Someday soon, mama will get her shit together. I promise.


Teeth Count: 0 (following in their sister's footsteps)

Word Count: Luci-"Dada"

Diaper Size: Huggies Size 3

Clothing: 6 months, and some 6-9 months



6 Responses to “Luci and Nicholas at 10 months”

  1. # Blogger Mom24

    They are so cute! I love these updates. It all is a blur, isn't it?

    Let go of the mommy guilt. You don't deserve it and it really would be the best gift you could give to yourself AND your kids. You're a great mom, you totally do not deserve the guilt. Seriously.  

  2. # Blogger Marie

    They are too stinking cute! And they are obviously thriving.

    I agree - guilt be gone!  

  3. # Blogger Jesser

    I cannot believe what darling babies they BOTH are!! I can't believe myself that they're 10 months old. Can't imagine how you must feel. I love your great updates. They sound like they're doing awesome.  

  4. # Blogger kenju

    What do you have to feel guilty for??Don't be silly.  

  5. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    What great pictures!! So cute. Sounds like are starting to get very busy.  

  6. # Anonymous Lisanne

    Happy 10 months!!! Wow, almost a year! What are you going to do for their first birthdays? OMG ... I totally want that "baby" onesie if we ever have another one!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly