If It Sounds Too Good To Be True...

The deal on our house fell through. The person who was going to buy our house (remember, the full-asking-price CASH deal, which also waived the inspection and the appraisal?) apparently wants to reconcile with his wife (he was divorcing).

What does this mean for the house we're buying?

We removed our contingencies on that house last week. Fortunately, we were able to remove the contingencies based not only on having this cash offer, but also because we qualified for the bridge loan to cover us between the close on our current home and the close on the home we're buying. We didn't want to have to use the bridge loan and we wouldn't have had to had this deal not fallen through. But now we must.

So, our house is back on the market, but may not be for long. The people who put in the other offer on our house last week are still interested, and are presenting us with an offer tonight. It's not a cash deal, and we'll still have to go through the inspection and appraisal process, but it's an offer nonetheless.

I told my friend (our realtor's wife) that once this is over, we are never moving again. Our surviving relatives will have to carry our decaying corpses out the front door of our home. I never knew the home-buying process could be so gut-wrenchingly stressful.

Stay tuned...

9 Responses to “If It Sounds Too Good To Be True...”

  1. # Blogger Veronica

    I wish I could hug you.

    I am certain it's going to work out. And yes, we'll help your relatives carry your dead bodies out. I wouldn't want to move again either.  

  2. # Anonymous Lis Garrett

    Oh geez! I've been thinking of you today, and I think we are all feeling stressed on your behalf. LOL!  

  3. # Blogger Mom24

    Oh my goodness! What a roller coaster ride. I'm so sorry, yet I'm so happy for you that you had another direction in the works. Fingers and toes crossed that everything works out this way. Prayers too.  

  4. # Blogger My Wombinations

    ugh. What a roller coaster. I am so sorry.  

  5. # Anonymous Ness @ Drovers Run

    Here's something that will perk you *right* up.

    When we sold our house 2 years ago, OUR deal fell through right after we'd signed a 12 month lease and moved into a rental.

    We went through 8 months of constant failed offers, mix-ups by the buyers, mess-ups by the lawyers, and of course having to pay for two properties. We didn't move back into the house on account of the distance (and Skip being in school near the rental etc) and because we were on that 'it's sold/not sold) roller coaster constantly during that time, we also had to pay the mortgage AND our rent in the new house.

    There's a lesson in property buying and selling I will never forget. Oh and right in the middle of a deal that nearly went through the deeds office decided to go on strike too.

    I-WILL-NEVER-BUY-A-HOUSE-IN-THIS-COUNTRY-AGAIN.  

  6. # Blogger Jesser

    Dang. Fingers crossed and all.  

  7. # Blogger Shannon

    omg... you must have all kinds of grey hair now... because I think I got some reading this... argh... stupid man had to get back with his wife... yeah I know it is a good thing but sucky for you... hang in there... hugs!!  

  8. # Blogger kenju

    I hope it works out for the best, Kristi.  

  9. # Anonymous Lisanne

    It's like, you probably feel happy for the guy wanting to get back with his wife and wanting to work on his marriage, but ... yeah, how stressful. I hope that things will work out OK for you guys!!!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly