Holding Pattern

On Tuesday night, we received another full-price offer on our house. The inspection is scheduled for tomorrow at 1pm. I am hoping and praying for a good inspection, and an end to this insane rollercoaster-ride.

Life has been on hold in a lot of ways here. Isabella's birthday (and big family party) is a week from Saturday. Her party with a few of her friends is this Saturday, and I've done very little to prepare. She's requested a Clifford birthday party, and I could not find Clifford decorations anywhere. Fortunately, I have an artist mother with a lot of time on her hands who is making most of the decorations from scratch, and a fabulous friend in Lisanne who sent me a list of food, games, and other party ideas that she used for her son's dog-themed birthday party. She even researched Clifford theme ideas for me too.

I've also started training for a new job teaching English and Communications classes online, which is occupying a lot of my time. Ultimately, it's a good thing and I'm excited about the prospect of bringing in a steady source of income.

I've been so busy, I haven't had much time at all to catch up on your blogs. I hate being out-of-touch with what's going on in your lives. Please be patient with me, as I lobby for a 36-hour-day. I'm hopeful that things will return to some semblance of normalcy soon.

6 Responses to “Holding Pattern”

  1. # Blogger Momma K

    I'm crossing my fingers for you and wishing for only good news from now on. Looking forward to the par-tay!  

  2. # Blogger Mom24

    Hope everything works out for the best. You'll have to tell more about the job when you have a chance.

    I know Isabella's birthday parties will be wonderful. Remember, three year olds are easy to please.

    PS--I'm against the 36 hour day--I have a feeling moms wouldn't get to sleep any longer than we do now. :-)  

  3. # Anonymous Lisanne

    Is there anything else that I can do for you? (Thanks for the mention ~ you are so sweet!) Let me know. Meredith has decided that she wants a turtle birthday party. :)  

  4. # Blogger Veronica

    I'm crossing my fingers for you. I hope the inspection goes well and the deal is done.

    I'm still on a holding pattern. No news.

    Love the idea of you teaching -- and online courses are so convenient.

    Good luck tomorrow!  

  5. # Blogger Notes From The Couch

    This comment has been removed by the author.  

  6. # Blogger Notes From The Couch

    Great blog, and cute cute cute pics. I loved them, goodluck on house and oh this is najmi BTW
    My blog is not nearly not as great as yours is, mine is more like for me only :)  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly