Out of Commission

Being ill with a wicked stomach virus and stuck in bed for the last 48 hours has taught me the following:

1. The hubs is so much more qualified to run a household of crabby children than I thought he was. He took off from work yesterday to stay home and watch the kids because I barely had the energy to lift my head off my bed pillow (unless of course I was running to the bathroom, which I did frequently). I have a stress-related meltdown being home with the little darlings at least once every 30 minutes. Oddly enough, he doesn't. He attributes his demeanor to something called "patience." Remind me to Google that at some point.

2. Exclusively breastfeeding twins while knocking at death's door is one of the most difficult things I've ever done. I basically laid in bed in a semi-upright position while the hubs brought me the babies. I sat there feeling nauseous while sharp little limbs jabbed by stomach for upwards of an hour per feeding. I didn't (and still don't, really) have the strength to even burp them once they finished.

3. If I had anything other than a stomach virus that kept me in bed, it would have been like a mini-vacation. No diapers to change! No tantrums to manage! No meals to make! Unfortunately, those things sound like heaven compared to my symptoms.

4. Daytime tv really sucks. I mean, it really sucks. Unless you like Law and Order reruns and lots and lots of shows about having babies, bringing home babies, raising 18 children, and decorating babies' nurseries. I watched three episodes of Nanny 911 on Country Music Television, for godssake.

5. The flu diet is a no-fail approach to melting away those final pregnancy pounds. I am just about where I was prior to getting pregnant with the twins. Why aren't more people promoting this weight-loss approach?

I hope to return to regularly scheduled whiny posts about how hard my life is soon. Until then, the Jello in my refrigerator is calling my name.

9 Responses to “Out of Commission”

  1. # Blogger Mom24

    That is just so wrong that you would be sick. Hope you get your health and your energy back soon. I'm also hoping no one else gets it.

    Thanks for the tip about that patience thing--I'll definitely be wanting to google that too. :)  

  2. # Blogger Mel

    Its quite easy to be patient when you are 'babysitting' and the end is in sight.....its the 'rest of my life' part that gets us moms.

    AM so sorry you are so ill, I do wish you health and madness again soon.

    xx  

  3. # Blogger My Wombinations

    I have had the same thing this week. Horrendous  

  4. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    Yuck! I hope you feel better soon. So glad your husband is such a great helper.  

  5. # Blogger In transit

    Hope you feel better soon. I had a similar thing with E when she was 2 weeks old. AWFUL. But it does do wonders for the weightloss, you're right about that.
    what did google say about "patience"? :)  

  6. # Blogger Marie

    I'm sorry you're sick Kristi! Any better yet? Do you think Isabella would go with us for an outing?  

  7. # Blogger kenju

    I sure hope you are better very soon, Kristi. Keep your blood sugar up!  

  8. # Blogger Damselfly

    You sound so miserable! Poor you! As if nursing twins and taking care of a toddler weren't hard enough.  

  9. # Blogger Shannon

    lysol and clorox is the only things that kill that bug... just wanted to pass that on to ya so the others don't get it... get better soon...  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly