Baby Back

Isabella needed some alone-time with me. That much I knew. So on Tuesday morning, I trucked in an army of baby-wranglers to deal with the twins (at one point, the platoon included two aunts and my grandma) and she and I took off to her happiest place on Earth.

She didn't whine, beg for toys in the gift shop, or demand that I carry her as we moved through the museum, all behaviors she tends to exhibit when we're there. Instead, she was perfect - running through the halls as if she owned the place, taking my hand and leading me to tables to do various art projects, smiling and laughing and having a blast. We spent two blissful hours there. It's been a long time since two hours have elapsed in Isabella's world without at least one tantrum. And in this time, I reacquainted myself with my little girl, with her quirks and mannerisms and nonstop chatter, with everything that makes her unique and wonderful and fiercely loved.

At one point she looked at me and said, "This is my best day."

It was my best day too, baby girl.



13 Responses to “Baby Back”

  1. # Blogger My Wombinations

    awww! So glad you got a day alone with her.  

  2. # Blogger Mom24

    Good for you for making it happen. That place looks awesome!  

  3. # Blogger shokufeh

    Good for you! Sounds like it was a great day.  

  4. # Blogger Marie

    Awesome. I'd be over to offer some relief if not for this ridiculous cold. I don't want to hack all over the place & infect you & the kids! How's the Mr. Potato Head exhibit?  

  5. # Blogger In Due Time

    Yey! She looks like she's having fun. I'm glad you two got a break. Maybe you could do this on the weekends when the hubs is home and have someone over to help him if he needs it and you and Isabella run away for a few hours.  

  6. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    Awwww.... She needed that. I think you did, too. Glad you were able to get some time alone together.  

  7. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    Sounds like a great day! I'm glad it was the "best day" for both of you!  

  8. # Blogger Damselfly

    Aw! You're a hero!  

  9. # Blogger Jesser

    That's wondeful! Sounds like you both needed it. That place looks FAB.  

  10. # Blogger Diet Cokehead

    I'm glad you two had such a good day together! Great pictures, she's such a cutie!  

  11. # Blogger kenju

    That day, and what she said will linger in your memories forever! I'm glad that you had that together.  

  12. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I am mostly a lurker and do not usually comment but reading this just warms my heart! What an awesome day for both of you!  

  13. # Blogger Mel

    I have found that my three kids EN MASSE can make me feel incredibly frustrated and irritable and hard done by....it so pays to try do EXACTLY what you did today - they are all so individual and they all so crave UNINTERUPPTED mommy-time. Well done Kristy for pulling this off - you are tipping over to normality - one day at a time.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly