Happy Holidays

Mamacita and my sister are in town, and today starts the endless marathon of family get-togethers and face-stuffing. I just want to take a moment and say Happy Holidays to everyone who takes the time to read this blog on a daily, weekly, or every-so-often basis. If you read here often enough, you know that it's been a tough couple months for me and having to juggle the move, my new online teaching gig, my freelance projects, and my three darling albatrosses (albatri?) has taken its toll on my mental health. I've dropped more balls than I've kept in the air.

This blog is therapy for me, though, and all of you are my unpaid therapists. I appreciate each of you who take the time to leave a comment here more than you'll ever know.

I hope you enjoy the holidays with your families and friends. I'm taking a few days off to spend time with mine.

Isabella is SO excited for Christmas. Her joy is overflowing on the inside, I assure you.



Luci doesn't know quite what to make of the wall of animatronic, dancing, plush animals and snowmen that sing Christmas carols that her great-grandmother has purchased for her and her siblings by the gross, but is hoping that they stay far, far away from her room at night.


If Nicholas' cranium wasn't being crushed by this too-small Santa hat, he would say to drink heavily during the holidays. It does his mama just fine.




And finally, Andy, this one is for you. I have not given my cats away because I was afraid they would sneak into my children's rooms while they sleep, crawl into their cribs, and suck the life out of them because they smelled milk on their breath (although I will confess to thinking about it given that they have christened the new house with vomit in virtually every room). My geriatric cats are alive and well and enjoying their new cat seat beneath the Christmas tree.


Happy Holidays, all.

11 Responses to “Happy Holidays”

  1. # Blogger Jeni

    Lol, you have hid those cats well. I used to worry about the same thing when we had ours. Happy Holidays to your family, I hope everything goes wonderfully!  

  2. # Blogger Mel

    And so to us all! We made it through another year albeit ungracefully at times eh?

    Have a wonderful Christmas girl, catch you on the flipside. xx  

  3. # Anonymous Ness at Drovers Run

    You're a cat person too!? We *WERE* separated at birth! We used to have 4, but they've all past on, except one. Since we're planning on emigrating (eventually) we're not getting more until we're settled. The last one to 'go' tried *everything* to get into my kids rooms (the current one can't be bothered with my kids, and flees when she sees either of them coming). She would regularly be found lying under the crib in the dark, and only once did I actually catch her in the crib, but she was simply lying at the foot end on the discarded fleece baby blanket, not on top of. We had been going backward and forwards about whether or not to have her put down, because of a variety of feline ailments that she was suffering from, when the garage door accidentally did the dirty work for us. On that note, I shall wish you merry blessings and a super christmas!! I know I'm supposed to type christmas with a capital c, but what the heck, I'm a lazy douche today, because I'm blogging instead of channeling Nigella/Martha in the kitchen right now.  

  4. # Blogger Valkyrie

    I wanted to ask, I *love* the tree skirt. Do you have a pattern for that? Or is that something one can pick up at a Walmart or something? I'm tempted to make one, but a) it would require me braving a material store. b)it would require me to not be a major procrastinator on anything crafty c)I can't think of a c.  

  5. # Blogger Mom24

    I love the pictures! Have a wonderful Christmas. I hope it's everything it should be.

    The real reason came out that you weaned the twins--liquid courage to get through the holidays. ;-)

    Have a wonderful break.  

  6. # Blogger MsGraysea

    LOL, LOL....I love those cats....don't they just have the best time sitting under the tree??
    Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and a big thank you back to you for your sharing. Every post reaches into the parenting part of me and tells me, it is OK!
    Enjoy!  

  7. # Blogger My Wombinations

    merry merry!!  

  8. # Blogger Andrew

    Just as I was dialing the Humane Society...  

  9. # Blogger Holly

    Merry Christmas! I hope your kids had a fun time and you had a fun time watching.  

  10. # Blogger Christine

    Merry Belated Christmas to you and your family. That picture of Nicholas is just wonderful. :)

    Hope you have a lovely, healthy, and happy New Year.  

  11. # Blogger Sunny

    Happy holidays to you, too! Had to giggle at little Nicholas. Too cute.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly