A New Beginning

For the past year or so, I've had "The Official George W. Bush Days Left in Office Countdown Clock" in my sidebar.

Like many Americans, I have waited years for the end of the Bush presidency. Like many Americans, I have been appalled at the direction in which he's taken my country. Like many Americans, I have loathed the way he has decimated the United States' relationships with allies all over the globe, his myopic world view, and his absolute his arrogance and unrepentant stance on the disastrous decisions he's made over the last eight years.

Today, I have hope. I don't believe Barack Obama is the mythic healer of all the nation's ills. He's only human, and the country he's inheriting is in a tailspin. But for the first time in a long time, I feel as if we're headed back in the right direction.

On this hugely important day, the world is a whole lot better and brighter than it's been in eight long years. I can't wait to turn on the tv and watch history unfold.

6 Responses to “A New Beginning”

  1. # Blogger Mom24

    I'm very hopeful as well. I don't envy him the task though.

    Last night we were talking and Julianna made a comment about me not watching George Bush be inaugerated, because I hadn't wanted him to be President. That's true, I admitted, I didn't think he would be a good President, but, I told her, I really, really wish I had been wrong. Here's to new beginnings. For everyone.  

  2. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    It's truly a day of hope...  

  3. # Blogger Jeni

    I just finished watching the inauguration itself. I love that when Barack stumbled with the oath Michelle had to stifle laughing at him. Thank goodness for this new beginning, I think we have chosen the right man to lead us down this new path.  

  4. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    Even Little Elvis watched some of the inauguration! He was entranced while Obama spoke.  

  5. # Blogger kenju

    I am so proud that he is our President now.  

  6. # Blogger Damselfly

    I sure hope things change for the better too.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly