Got Bows?

As the mother of a child who has loathed containment devices of any kind (car seat, shopping cart, and stroller) since she was a small baby, I do a lot of online shopping. It's seldom that I'll take her to a bricks-and-mortar store, and I only attempt this exhausting feat if I absolutely need to.

In my infrequent trips to the stores in the outside world, I've noticed how difficult it is to find barrettes or bows that will stay in Isabella's super-fine hair. When it became apparent that her hair would grow in Maddox Pitt-Jolie-style, with a large quasi-fauxhawk chunk extending from the back of her head to the front, I knew I needed something to secure it out of her face. But in addition to my impatient and stubborn DNA, the poor dear also has my hair, and ain't nothing for thick-haired babies staying in her fine locks.

So when I read Melissa's endorsement of Very Sweet Bows, I was intrigued. A little research and a few emails back and forth with Fagan, the company's super-creative owner, told me that her bows might just stay put in Isabella's hair, since the bows were attached to tight, ribbon-lined alligator clips.

Fagan's bows are not only adorable, they are also very affordable as well. Check out her site.

I ordered four bows, and they came in the mail this past week.



I am pleased to report that they stay put in Isabella's hair, and I think she looks quite cute in them.


Mmm... bows go great with my afternoon snack.


Wait? You're taking pictures of me?


Take one more photo and I'll break your kneecaps!

8 Responses to “Got Bows?”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    That last photo is a hoot! I'll definitely be order more bows from Fagan.  

  2. # Blogger Binulatti

    Whoa ther Bella. Any more lip and mommy might crimp your locks and put you in a baby banana clip!  

  3. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    She's a riot. Cute bows! Corinne really prefers small clippies in her hair, and pigtails.  

  4. # Blogger Marie

    Too cute! Watch out, Mom! She knows people...  

  5. # Blogger beagle

    OMG! I am more warped than usual today, so forgive me . . . but my first thought was "I can't wait to read the blog entries when this fingerpointing firecracker turns . . . oh say . . . 12 or so!"

    (Not that I am trying to rush her childhood away!)  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Wow, that last photo is very Britany-Spears-brandishing-umbrella -at-paparazzi! She's totally hardcore, Kristi!  

  7. # Blogger sher

    Oh God! That last picture is so "Don't take my picture, I'm a star". Love that!  

  8. # Blogger Jesser

    Those ARE cute. Wonder if they'd stay in Tabby's hair. I don't even want to admit what I spent on the bow's for Tabby's b'day ensemble ... and they did OK, but not great. She has such fine, wispy hair still....  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly