The State of Within

Endometrium (Uterine Lining): 10.9mm. "Textbook." And also, "Fantastic."

Estrogen Level: 286 "Great."

My ultrasound and bloodwork appointment went well yesterday. My body is responding to the drugs as it should, and all systems are a go for next Wednesday.

On Monday, they'll thaw out my four frozen embryos. I'm hoping that they're tough and determined, like their comrade that turned into Isabella, and that at least three survive the thawing process. My doctor will transfer a maximum of three embryos. I didn't think to ask what would happen to the fourth if it happens to survive. Being the eternal pessimist, it did occur to me to ask how likely it is for none to survive. Although my doctor didn't rule it out, he said it was very unlikely.

On Sunday, the hubs will start injecting me daily with with progesterone, the pregnancy hormone, whose side effects include f-ing with your body so that you believe you're pregnant even when you're not.

My clinic has a better FET success rate that I originally thought. 30%, as opposed to 40% for fresh IVF cycles.

This gives me hope.

Thank you for your feedback and thoughts on my last post. 13 years of Catholic schooling does wonders for a girl's guilt complex.

10 Responses to “The State of Within”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    We'll all be hoping and saying a few prayers for you . . .  

  2. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    Way to go uterus! :)

    Crossing fingers and hoping for you guys...  

  3. # Blogger My Wombinations

    I feel like singing the Final Countdown. In all seriousness, this is very exciting. Even though I am not really a "pray" person, I am praying for this.

    On a totally different subject, when are we going to see some photos from the catholic school days? I was always SO jealous of those girls and their cute uniforms.  

  4. # Blogger shokufeh

    I am hopeful for you and your embryos as well. While I understand that your history leads you to be pessimistic about this process, I can't help but be excited!  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm laughing out loud thinking of the pics you could post in response to "my wombinations".
    Does everyone know you were a cheerleader at one point? :)
    Maybe the picture of a "Fire Safety Essay contest" winner - or whatever that was called?

    Go find some pics to scan - that'll be good entertainment/distraction for you :)

    Back to the original topic - I'm going to second the "Way to go uterus" comment.  

  6. # Blogger Thalia

    Ok feel free to disregard this, but have you thought about having 2 returned as a maximum? After all, you got pregnant on the cycle which created those embryos, and it was your first ever cycle.

    If you are saying 2 maximum (honestly, at your age my clinic would be advising 1 max and couldn't legally transfer more than 2), then they could thaw one straw at a time (sounds like you've got 2 embryos per straw) and that way you won't waste any. Even if both of the first two embryos don't make it, they can still thaw the second straw ready for transfer, they don't have to thaw simultaneously (unless they have a very slow thaw protocol).  

  7. # Blogger beagle

    I'm with Thalia, even my old lady embryos thawed well. How many do you have altogether? I hate the thought of wasting any (not in the religious right sense of saving each "life", but in the practical backup plan sense.)

    No idea how last minute additional thaws can be done, so I'm a bit dumb there.

    At any rate . . . lots of luck as always . . .  

  8. # Blogger Kristi

    Thank you everyone!

    Thalia and Beagle, I think the reasons my doctor is thawing all four at once is that statistically-speaking, he doesn't expect one of them to make it. That would leave me with three, which is the maximum he'll transfer. My clinic does have a long thaw protocol-they're thawing on Monday and the transfer is on Wednesday. I think if I had more than five, they might only thaw 2 or 3, but because I have 4, they're thawing all of them at once.  

  9. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Crossing fingers and toes and sending all the good vibes we can you way.  

  10. # Blogger sher

    I'm so excited for you. I'm also not a prayer type of person, but I'm going to be exorting higher powers to help make this happen. Massive hugs and hopes that we will hear good news soon! (But, understanding that this is complicated too.)  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly