Sometimes You Just Need to Make Applesauce

I am sick of complaining that I am flooded with work.

I am stressed to the max right now, and overtired, and very impatient with my daughter as a result. Not a great combination, to be sure.
Bitching about it doesn't make the work go away.
But you know what does (at least, temporarily)?
Applesauce.

One dozen organic Red Delicious apples...

Cored and quartered...


Steamed for about 10 minutes...


Peeled and whirled in a food processor...




And seasoned with cinnamon...



Equals guaranteed client satisfaction.

13 Responses to “Sometimes You Just Need to Make Applesauce”

  1. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    Mmmm.... I'm not a huge applesauce fan, but homemade applesauce is definitely worth the trouble. I happen to have a few extra in my fridge that may become some sauce too! Thanks for the suggestion!  

  2. # Blogger Jesser

    Ahh yes. We favor the pink lady apples ourselves. Sooo yummy, especially since someone is on BRAT since she puked all over Daddy last night.

    We got a dehydrator for Christmas and I keep meaning to turn some of our homemade purees into fruit leather. Just haven't gotten around to it yet ...  

  3. # Blogger beagle

    Yummmmm!  

  4. # Blogger Stephanie

    Yum! It looks delicious! And it's healthy too!  

  5. # Blogger Unknown

    When life hands you apples, make applesauce. Isn't that how the saying goes??  

  6. # Blogger Damselfly

    OK, first of all, I can't believe *you make your own applesauce.*

    But actually, I get it because baking is like therapy to me.

    Somehow making tasty food = less stress.

    Hugs for your happy client!  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Wait, aren't you the person who says she can't cook? But, she always makes me hungry when she shows what she made? Homemade applesauce if fabulous!

    And we are here for you to complain about things. If you don't complain, you might run amuck! :):)  

  8. # Blogger Binulatti

    Yum! But - uh-oh - someone's been reading too much Martha Stweart/Real Simple/Sunset Magazine: You use the word "whirled" to describe what happens in a food processor.

    If you make Isabella yogurt "studded with cheerios" you're going to need an intervention.  

  9. # Blogger Shannon

    I can't even feed apple sauce to Lorelei... I make her feed it to herself... ugh it just looks like baby yuck up to me... but really cool that you made it yourself... you rock!  

  10. # Blogger Debbie

    Oh, I luuurv homemade applesauce. Way better than the packaged stuff, and a great way to use up those extra apples!  

  11. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Is it really that simple? I had no idea  

  12. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Yummm!!  

  13. # Blogger familymclean

    Just came to you through Tracey and have just really enjoyed my read! Your little one is the same age as my son and he too loves apple sauce, though I have never made it myself. Looks a lot easier than I imagined though, thanks for this!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly