Once upon a time, long about 15 years ago, a certain blog writer was obsessed with Irish culture. She attended a Catholic high school where the sports teams were called the 'Lil Irish. She worshipped Notre Dame and longed to attend college there. She wore a claddagh ring. And she bought* this ill-advised hat from an Irish import store while visiting Canada.

The hat is actually of really great quality. It's 100% wool, but also, sadly, 100% weirdly shaped.


I apparently had no idea when I bought it that the hat made me look like an Irish Chef Boyardee.

I wore this hat faithfully in both high school and college, and then I proudly flew my fashion freak flag when I visited Ireland after graduating from college and basically wore this hat the entire time I was there.

Funny, though. I didn't see one Irish person with a hat anything like mine. I'm sure the Irish found my hat as bizarre then as I do now.

*Under-eyelid bags available for an additional cost.

7 Responses to “Fashion Fright Friday: There's a Chef on a Can of Spaghetti Who Wants His Hat Back Edition”

  1. # Blogger Marie

    Very chic!!! Does Isabella get to wear it some day?  

  2. # Blogger sher

    Oh, that makes you look very 60's English, Dolly Girl, era. Cute as all get out! Marianne Faithful wore stuff like that back in the day.  

  3. # Blogger Leslie

    WHOA! The sisterly resemblance is crazy in that pic!  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I agree with L., you look exactly like Karrie there!  

  5. # Blogger anne

    I'm with L. and Shannon - and I hadn't even read their comments before I hit 'comment' to tell you the exact same thing. You look so much like Karrie in that shot! I thought it was her at first.  

  6. # Blogger Kristi

    Marie-LOL. If she wants to!

    Sher-Thanks! I used to think it was a lot cuter than I do now!

    L, Shannon, and Anne-How funny. Yeah, I think it's the eyes. :)  

  7. # Blogger Damselfly

    I love hats! It looks great.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly