Fashion Fright Friday: Hybrid Footwear Edition

My two favorite kinds of footwear have got to be flip-flops (for the two months it's actually warm enough to wear them here in upstate NY) and slippers (for the other 10 months of the year).

For my birthday, my mom managed to find a pair of shoes that combines both of these. I present to you, the flip-flop-sandal hybrid. All the comfort and coziness of a slipper, but in the design of a flip-flop!


These are very odd-looking shoes, but they're super-comfortable. They're made out of chennile, and have a sort of air-cushioned sole. And the company who manufacture them has a pretty inspiring story to boot.
I know they're not peep-toe, or slingback, or strappy, or the espadrilles that are so popular now. Stacy would probably take a cliff before sliding one of these on her pedicured foot. But I like them.
*Stroller Update*
Thanks to all of you who offered advice on helping Isabella's stroller phobia. I'm pleased to report that on Wednesday afternoon, we had a successful 25-minute walk around the neighborhood, with no tears shed. I haven't tried again since due to rainy weather, but I'm hopeful she's turned the corner on this issue!

9 Responses to “Fashion Fright Friday: Hybrid Footwear Edition”

  1. # Blogger Sher

    WOW!! Those look so comfortable!! I want some! And congrats on the stroller victory!  

  2. # Blogger beagle

    Love 'em. llbean has a shearling version that I've been tempted to order.  

  3. # Blogger Hopeful Mother

    Cute! Nothing wrong with combining two good footwear designs.

    And chenille is SO comfortable.

    I'm glad Isabella handled the stroller better this time... I, too, hope it lasts!  

  4. # Blogger Marie

    Very cool. I have my Birks out now, which function as flip-flops and slippers for me. But they aren't fuzzy.  

  5. # Blogger Gal on the Go

    Love the slipper flip flop - you must tell me where you go them! And congrats on the stroller success! Happy to hear it!  

  6. # Blogger Gal on the Go

    Or rather where your mom found them :-)  

  7. # Blogger Kristi

    Liz-My mom got them at a store in Lake Placid. But I think you can order them online through www.lifeisgood.com.  

  8. # Blogger Gal on the Go

    Thanks Kristi - I'll look for them today. Hope you had a great weekend!  

  9. # Blogger Damselfly

    Hey! You know, those look like the slippers my husband surprised me with in the bag "we" packed for the hospital when our boy was born! But yours look much fluffier. Ahhhh.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly