Isabella at Six Months

I remember the place I was in this time last year. We had recently broken the news to my family that we were expecting. We were praying every night for a healthy baby, the baby we had struggled to conceive for two years. And on Thursday, that baby turned six months old.

She's begun putting together consonant-vowel combinations "Baaaa" "Gaaaa," etc. And when she cries, you'd swear she was saying Ma-Ma. She hugs my face and gives my cheek huge open-mouth wet baby kisses. She pulls my hair constantly, which, if you can imagine, hurts. Like, a lot.

When you stand her on her legs, she's remarkably steady and sure-footed. She can sit up by herself for about a minute before leaning (and always to the left, just like Samara) or tipping over. She has toy preferences now, clearly expressing her desire for one over another. And changing her diaper has become a major challenge. The baby that once lay still, content to watch the mobile above her head, or play with a rattle now twists and rolls all over the place, anxious to get the monotony of a diaper change over with, so we can move on to the next activity.

She is absolutely obsessed with watching people eat or drink, often reaching for utensils or cups. This weekend, we're giving her her first taste of rice cereal, followed soon after by the vegetable purees I'm making her. Stay tuned for posts on my efforts to make Isabella's baby food because considering the fact that I

A) Don't cook

and

B) Don't eat vegetables

should make for some interesting culinary endeavors.

She's also a rockstar, and seems to know it. Her fans, with whom she shares a bloodline, couldn't possibly be more obsessed with her if they tried. They fight over who gets to watch her when I have to go to work for a meeting. When we bring her over to my aunt's house for Sunday dinner, we rarely see her until it's time to go home, because some relative is always holding her, fighting with another relative to hold her, or playing with her in another room. They buy her diapers and clothes, and give her Valentine's Day and half-birthday cards with money in them. And they shower her with a level of attention that is sure to elevate her perceived sense of importance in this world to levels I'm not sure I want to deal with when she's a teenager. She rewards them with remarkably good behavior, charming smiles, and adorable mannerisms, of which she gives her parents a mere fraction. But when Isabella is in the company of her grandma or her aunts, well, let the good times roll. She's truly blessed to have so many people who love her.

Happy Half Birthday, Little One.






16 Responses to “Isabella at Six Months”

  1. # Blogger Binulatti

    Aww! Cool hoodie, lil' niece. Give her a big half b-day hudandkiss from Aunt Karrie!  

  2. # Blogger The Queen B

    Her cuteness is overwhelming!

    You must take a road trip down/over/up here to my little part of Antarctica!  

  3. # Blogger kenju

    Cute! Cute! Cute! Happy Half-birthday!  

  4. # Blogger MsPrufrock

    I wouldn't worry that you don't cook or eat vegetables, I'm the same way and I am a puree-making machine. I am a bit worried as to how we'll deal with the issue of vegetables when she's a bit older. I want her to eat them, but I don't want to eat them myself. I'm such a good role model.

    That second picture is adorable. I love how she has her ankles crossed. Happy 6 months!  

  5. # Blogger M

    WOW. 6 months. I still remember when you were getting ready to go have your c-section! Amazing.
    Madelyn is coming up on 5 months on March 2. Crazy  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy Half Birthday, Ella Ella Bo Bella!  

  7. # Blogger Marie

    She grows more precious by the minute! Those 6 months have gone by so quickly! Hooray for grandmas and aunties fighting for Ella time!!  

  8. # Blogger Christine

    Happy Half-Brithday!

    And the cuteness is entirely too much. Exacerbated by her crossed legs! She's beautiful.  

  9. # Blogger Damselfly

    What a blessed little angel she is to have so many loving people around her! Happy half-birthday!  

  10. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy 6Month Birthday Isabella! She is beautiful.  

  11. # Blogger Gal on the Go

    She is so sweet! Happy half birthday! If you haven't had a chance, you should check out my brother's blog. My nephew is turning 1 on Saturday and to say he's advanced is just the tip of the iceberg. Would you believe the little bugger barely crawled and just went to walking. He's insane. You can check it out at: http://www.hangingblogger.blogspot.com/
    Liz  

  12. # Blogger anne

    If your entire face isn't melted by that smile, I don't even want to talk to you.

    Kristi - wonderful writing per usual, and wonderful photos (goes without saying!). I'm sorry I've been so scarce lately.  

  13. # Blogger Shannon

    oh she is sooo cute and pretty... I can't believe she is only 3 months younger than Lore... well happy half birthday!  

  14. # Blogger sunShine

    Happy Half-birthday little one! She is so adorable, I think she gets cuter by the day!  

  15. # Blogger beagle

    Did I blink? She's all grown up!

    I love the pink kitty ouitfit!  

  16. # Blogger My Wombinations

    She is insanely precious. Her smile is so impish!!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly