Baby Love

February 14th ushered in Paula Deen, frozen chocolate-covered cheesecake on a stick, and by the time the day was over, over 20 inches of snow.

The hubs is a teacher currently going to school to become a principal. When he got the call that his school was closed early yesterday morning, he normally would have had to go into work anyway, because he's serving his internship as principal of the elementary school in his district, and even on snow days, administrators have to report for work. But, because the weather was so bad, he didn't! And the board meeting that would have kept him at school until 10 o'clock at night (on Valentine's Day!) was cancelled. So he stayed home with Isabella and me all day long. A fab V-day to be sure.

Here's Isabella with my gift subscription from her and her Daddy. Mmmm... Paula Deen. Tasty!



And here's what we got the hubs. I saw the company profiled on The Food Network. While the chocolate-covered part doesn't do anything for me, the cheesecake inside was delicious.

This morning I took some pictures from the front steps of my house, without putting one tootsie outside into the mounds and mounds of snow outside. While nothing even close to what Syracuse has received lately, 20 inches in one day is quite a lot, even for upstate NY.





I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!

6 Responses to “Baby Love”

  1. # Blogger Damselfly

    I'd kiss that little cutie!

    Wow, that's some snow. Glad you could spend it with the hubs.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    You guys had the perfect day!
    We also got a lot of snow, but about half of what you got. Still enough to bring traffic to a standstill.
    That little Isabella sure is a cutie!  

  3. # Blogger Marie

    Look at that little sweetie! I could just gobble her right up! Just precious.

    And that choc-covered cheesecake too... mmmm. Sounds divine.

    Glad y'all got to be together on VDay!  

  4. # Blogger Leslie

    Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day - yay! And the snow is gorgeous. Best enjoyed from the indoors, though - 20 inches? You can drown in less water than that!  

  5. # Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel

    I didn't know Paula Deen has a magazine! As far as Food Network chefs go, I really like Rachael Ray, and I do read her magazine (and watch her show, and buy her cookbooks...lol!)  

  6. # Blogger M

    Cute picture! You just gave me a great idea-- I'm going to order my mom Paula Deen's magazine. I didn't even know there was one! I got her one of her cookbooks for Christmas. :) SHe loves her!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly