The Anniversary Gift

Friday, August 4th was my fifth wedding anniversary. Rich and I exchanged cards earlier in the day. Then we went out to dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant, one that's about 30 minutes away from our house, and because of this we save our visits there for special occasions.

We ordered our respective "usuals." Gnocchi for me. Filet Mellanzani for him.

After dinner, we went to Blockbuster and rented the first two discs of the first season of Lost, and The Weatherman. We came home, ate popsicles, and watched the movie. Then we went to sleep. That was our anniversary.

Our anniversary gift to eachother was an expensive one this year. We started planning for it back in December of 2003, and it took much longer to arrange than we thought it would. It was costly, too, in more ways than one. And it's going to arrive late. But despite the problems with ordering, packaging, and shipping, it's the best and most amazing gift we could have given eachother.

Beastie arrives in 15 days.

14 Responses to “The Anniversary Gift”

  1. # Blogger sunShine

    Happy Anniversary! Yes the gift that you are giving each other is one that will definately keep on giving and bringing you joy for years to come. My son was born 2 weeks before my second anniversary to my hubby. He was quite an anniversary gift.  

  2. # Blogger Christine

    Happy Anniversary! And you guys are just fantastic. I can't believe that you only have fifteen days left.  

  3. # Blogger Marie

    Happy anniversary you two! What a wonderful gift you'll have this year...  

  4. # Blogger shrimpfriedrice

    HOW EXCITING! Happy Anniversary!  

  5. # Blogger Leslie

    That's giving me goosebumps (in a good way, not a scary the-boogey-man's-gonna-get-me way).  

  6. # Blogger Shannon

    Hurray for expensive anniversary gifts, even if they are all drooly and poopy! So soon! . . .  

  7. # Blogger M

    That was a cute post! :) My picture is temporarily back up.  

  8. # Blogger Hopeful Mother

    I love the way you put it - "despite problems with ordering, packagin and shipping..."

    Your anniversary sounds wonderfully low-key. That's how we do things too - enjoy the things you already enjoy with one another.

    I am so excited for you and Rich - the Beastie countdown has officially begun!  

  9. # Blogger Ramona

    Awww...you brought little tears to my eyes!
    Congratulations, the next two weeks will fly by!  

  10. # Blogger kenju

    Happy anniversary! Sometimes those small celebrations will be the most remembered.

    Can't wait to see Beastie!  

  11. # Blogger Kristi

    Everyone-Thank you!  

  12. # Blogger Dawn

    Happy Anniversary!! OOoooh, what a great countdown! 15 days (oops, more like 14 now!) to go, I can't wait to see pics!  

  13. # Anonymous Anonymous
  14. # Anonymous Anonymous
Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly