You've Got Questions? I've Got Answers. Part 2

To finish answering my wonderful reader questions from my blogaversary post:

Geekwif asks: If you were baking yourself a cake in celebration of your first year, what kind of cake would it be?

Kristi answers: Mmmm... cake. I could totally go for some cake right now. I would probably bake a two- or three-layer white cake, with vanilla pudding filling, and whipped cream frosting. Either that, or a cheesecake. Maybe even a pumpkin cheesecake!

Shannon asks: If you were forced to be in a tribute band called The Aerosmiths, would you rather be dressed up as Aerosmith playing Smiths songs, or dressed up as The Smiths playing Aerosmith songs?

Kristi answers: This is the most difficult-to-answer question I received, because it forced me to figure out what's more important to me: couture or music. After much deep thought and a few sleepless nights, I would say I'd rather be dressed up like Aerosmith and playing Smiths songs, rather than dressing like the Smiths and playing Aerosmith songs. Because seriously, nothing could be worse than singing what essentially amounts to the exact same song with the exact same themes over and over and over.

Sher asks: I'm wondering who will Beastie listen to: Wiggles or Raffi?

Kristi answers: I will now have to expose my ignorance of all things related to children's music because I'v only ever heard of the Wiggles and Raffi in passing. I have no idea who they are or what they sing. I did, however, receive a Baby Mozart CD at my shower, and I do know who he was! I wonder if Beastie will be content listening to my Cure and Depeche Mode CDs?

Dawn asks: If you had the opportunity to take lessons to learn to do something (anything), what would it be?

Kristi answers: I would love to take a quilting class. Does that make me sound like a 65 year old retired schoolteacher? I love knitting and counted cross-stitch, and I would just love to learn how to sew a beautiful quilt. Either that, or an Italian cooking class, although I suppose to learn Italian cooking, I just need to pull up a stool in my grandma's or great aunt's kitchen.

Annelynn asks: What are your food aversions?

Kristi answers: How long do you all have to read my answer? The truth is, I have more food aversions than I can name actual foods I like. It all started when I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis at age 5. All of a sudden, a lot of foods I had previously eaten, including vegetables, many fruits, etc., were off limits because they are hard to digest. And even though my large intestine was removed (entirely) at age 10 to cure me of colitis, I never did go back to eating many of those foods because honestly, what kid wants to eat her vegetables? At age 17, I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease, and a lot of the same food "no-nos" emerged once again. Vegetables? Not my digestive friends. Some fruits? Same thing. To make matters more complicated, I became a vegetarian at age 18, then at the advice of my gastroenterologist, began eating chicken and turkey again at age 23. So, to make a long story short, my food aversions can basically be summarized as childhood digestive issues combined with plain old adult stubborness about trying new foods.

Thanks for the questions, all. I had a lot of fun answering them!

9 Responses to “You've Got Questions? I've Got Answers. Part 2”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Kristi, you have joined the ranks of, well, everybody I have asked this question to! Absolutely nobody decided they wanted to play Aerosmith songs because Aerosmith pretty much sucks. Someone even went so far as to say that the Smiths don't have a distinctive fashion style but I disagree, at least as far as Morrissey is concerned! Lastly, most admitted that they secretly thought it would be fun to be up on stage dressed in horrible butt-rock clothes!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh, do fulfill your quilting urge. My mother became a master quilter and I have 5 of her quilts, which are the dearest things to me. They will be passed from person to person in our family.  

  3. # Blogger Geekwif

    "...white cake, with vanilla pudding filling, and whipped cream frosting."

    Yummy!!

    My personal opinion: forget Wiggles and Raffi. Go with Mozart, Cure and Depeche Mode. A friend of mine and her husband are in a rock band. Their little boy has been listening to classical and rock music since he was just a baby and he's a little musical genius!  

  4. # Blogger Marie

    There's a whole industry out there awaiting your $$ Kristi! I only recently learned about the Wiggles (we don't have cable so I'd never seen them on tv). We go to the library & borrow kids music & videos all the time. They're fun. Your bambino will be into your stuff too!! We have a little groover here who digs bluegrass!  

  5. # Blogger Firefly

    I think Depeche Mode and Cure are the best for babies to listen to. My niece loves anything you put on in the background, but I'd like to think she likes the classics better ;) Now I think I'll go find myself some pumpkin cheescake...  

  6. # Blogger Kristi

    Shannon-I think the Smiths have a completely distinctive fashion style! And yes, Aeorsmiths doth suck.

    Caryl-Patricia's is in my office building! We're on the third floor, and Patricia's is on the first.

    Sher- What a cool heirloom to have in your family, which is exactly why I want to learn how to make them.

    Geekwif- That's a cool story. I would love Beastie to have an appreciation of "my" music, although I think my husband might not. ;)

    Marie-Ohh... a bluegrass baby. Too cute!

    Nanny-Cool. Yup, I'll definitely be playing a whole variety of tunes for the bambino. Thanks for visiting my blog!  

  7. # Blogger Dawn

    Kristi, you don't know how much I wish you lived near me right now!!! I just bought the fabric to start a new quilt and I'm having one heckuva time trying to figure out paper piecing (a technique which is completely foreign to me). I even posted a Craigslist ad for a quilting friend, but alas, with no responses yet!  

  8. # Blogger Kristi

    Dawn-Too bad! I would totally go through quilting 101 with you. I bet you could teach me a lot! :)  

  9. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Keep up the good work »  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly