Weekend Cat Blogging #58

These pictures represent my grandma's worst nightmare. Here we have Chubbie, lounging on Beastie's downstairs changing table, taking an afternoon siesta, or possibly asking for her diaper to be changed. I haven't quite figured out which. My grandma believes my cats will kill Beastie by jumping on Beastie's head, sitting on him/her, and causing suffocation. As such, she thinks the cats should be locked in our basement until Beastie is approximately two years old. I think grandma's on crack.

Oh, have I mentioned Chubbie's also been found sleeping in the crib? And so has Claudia, pictured below. Needless to say, the crib tent is going up this weekend.

Shhh...Don't tell grandma.

For more pictures of kitties in various compromising positions, check out Clare and Kiri.

14 Responses to “Weekend Cat Blogging #58”

  1. # Blogger D

    I've heard people say that kids brought up in a house with pets grow up with no allergies! So, I think Chubbie and Claudia are only trying to help! Maybe you should try running that thought by your grandmother;-)  

  2. # Blogger Marie

    Very funny! I hope the kitties become protective of the babe, rather than sleep on his/her face!!  

  3. # Blogger boo_licious

    Yeah, I also heard that on the cats and the allergies - it builds their immune system up. I just think Chubbie and Claudia want to be close to the baby.  

  4. # Blogger Alpineberry Mary

    Cats just seem to find every comfortable spot in house whether you want them to or not. Congrats on the baby!  

  5. # Blogger StaceyBelle

    I think it's any animal around children helps them build immunities-- and let them play outside a lot. Too many kids in NYC (especially b/c there is such little real outdoor space) develop really bad allergies. tsk tsk. so let the cats be real stuffed animals!  

  6. # Blogger Jelly

    Awww- baby cats! Too cute! Congratulations on your human baby! "I think Grandma's on crack!" - Too funny!!  

  7. # Blogger Riana Lagarde

    OMG, they are so smart! I bet Lucky is going to be really excited once we put the crib together...I had allergies to cats even though I had them when I was young, but 15 years later I grew out of them thankfully so I can have cats!! oh, and babies too!!  

  8. # Blogger kenju

    My grandmom thought that my cat would "suck the breath" out of my first child, and campaigned for me to give him away. That is silly. But my cat also loved to sleep in the crib (before the baby came) and I did have to nip that in the bud.  

  9. # Blogger Leslie

    It cracks me up that your granny thinks the kitties will smother Beastie. Just make sure that while you're making budget cuts that the kitties don't have to share their kibble with Beastie. Now THAT might make them testy!  

  10. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Wow the beastie preparations are moving on a full steam! I think the kitties are trying to show that THE HOUSE IS TOO FULL, which of course it is not! :)  

  11. # Blogger Ramona

    I think the kitties are just showing how happy they are, and can't wait for Beastie to arrive. They are just keeping Beasties Place warm...  

  12. # Blogger beagle

    Cute!  

  13. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Of course, we know that the real reason cats like to sleep in a baby's crib or changing table is that it's comfortable and there's a lot of energy coming from said furniture(because everyone is focusing on it). Cats always sleep on a spot that's clean, and where they shouldn't be!!! Great pictures!!  

  14. # Anonymous Anonymous
Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly